Baffled by a mattress foundation!

I’m looking for a mattress foundation for an all latex “Pure Latex Bliss” mattress near the eastern suburbs of Cleveland, OH. I read that the solid wooden slat type foundation with < 3" gaps may be best for my mattress. With that said I can’t find one anywhere. I’ve looked at nearly a dozen nearby mattress stores and most of them don’t even know what “slats” are, and recommend I buy whatever they have in stock because “slats are for cheaper mattresses and they will cause premature failure” one place told me. I mostly see the bunkie boards and wire type foundations. If these slat type foundations are the best frames for latex and heavier mattresses why does no one carry them? And I love the latex mattress but only one store out of all of them carries any latex mattresses at all. I may have to go to plan B and take an out of state road trip, try one of the online options, or DIY. I live on the “Mattress auto mile” where there is mattress store after mattress store to the point it is ridiculous, yet I am contemplating a road trip to get a simple slat wood foundation in another state. I already bought the mattress from out of state already because no one carries Latex near me. However it didn’t make sense to buy the foundation that they carried because shipping all that wood was not cost effective. I am baffled by all this honestly.

I dont know how close you are to mentor but they had several latex mattresses in the stores in that area. As far as box springs i just purchased the wood foundation from us box spring which have slats just less than 3" apart

Thanks for the info Heidi. I was looking at US Box Spring and mattresses.net also who looks like there’s is slightly cheaper. Neither site specifies if there king set is actually 2x twin XL or one giant king size foundation. I imagine all kings are actually 2 pcs but I dont know for sure.

I looked everywhere online for a foundation. There are higher quality wood ones out there that Phoenix posted and im sure the link will be provided. I would have loved to have gotten a better one but my funds were limited :slight_smile: I think the one i got is the same or similar to the one sleep ez has. You can always email them and ask

Hi Robp8888,

You may have seen this already but some of the better options I’m aware of in the Cleveland area are listed in post #2 here and it may be worth making a few calls to see if any of them carry a foundation that would be suitable for an all latex mattress.

It’s not uncommon at all that retail stores don’t have a great deal of knowledge about latex mattresses or the type of foundations that are most suitable for an all latex mattress but if you can’t find a good quality slatted foundation locally then the foundation post here has some good sources where they are available and also has some DIY foundation designs that were shared by some of the forum members here (although you may have already seen this as well).

Phoenix