BB mattress decision -- Aloe Alexis or Adele...or something else?

My husband and I have been sleeping on a Beautyrest for 5 years and it is sagging already and too firm now that I am side sleeping most often. I never considered foam bc we slept on a Tempurpedic for a week on our honeymoon and I had a lot of trouble turning over in it, which really bothered me. However recently I slept on what is supposed to be a memory foam sofabed mattress in the floor (fairly sure it’s 3") and it felt great. My husband also liked it.
We have tried Tempurpedics locally and like the Cloud-luxe and tried a Restonic Healthrest that is mostly gel foam with talalay on top (not sure of thickness as the person helping us didn’t know). We can’t find others to test.

After a lot of research I am convinced BB is two best bet for us bc we don’t have good options nearby and like the ability to swap layers out if needed. My husband is 6’2" and 240 lbs so I am concerned about choosing mattress that will be supportive to him long term and not sag or soften too much (like our current mattress). I was originally looking at memory foam with a high density base since I liked the 3" of memory foam on a floor but was directed to the Aloe Alexis when I called BB and told them my husbands size. I hadn’t seen the Aloe Adelle at that point and read about it on this forum today.

So my question … Would we be better off going with th Aloe Adelle since we know we like the feel of memory foam/latex hybrid or take a chance and order the all latex to avoid “creep” but without being able to try anything similar out? Both are honestly more than where we started looking, which was at a Dreamfoam mattress on Amazon for $899. We are willing to pay more for the denser base layer though after learning of that from BB since we’ve had bad experiences with longevity in past mattresses. I realize a lot of this comes down to personal feel but without good latex options nearby I am at a loss!

Hi yenohamk,

I also think the Alexis is one of their better choices for higher weights because latex is a more durable material than polyfoam and heavier weights will compress the layers below a single 3" layer more than a lighter person so it can be a good idea to have thicker layers of more durable materials in the upper layers of your mattress (see post #2 here). You also have more layers to exchange and you can also exchange a latex layer for memory foam or vice versa.

The choice between memory foam and latex would be a matter of personal preference as long as both are high quality and durable materials (I would lean towards 5 lb memory foam or higher for higher weights and all latex in a suitable firmness would be durable). Post #2 here has more about the differences between them.

If you let me know your city or zip code there may be some local options I’m aware of where you can test latex.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix, appreciate your response and wealth of imformation on this site!
I am in zip 17050 and you actually posted preciously to someone in my area, which is what led me to the furniture store with Restonics. Would love to go to Mattress Sleeper but we have a busy few months and won’t be able to travel that far. Thanks again!