BB Total Latex vs SleepEZ 13 NATURAL LATEX MATTRESS

Hi Phoenix,

Here is a comparison I haven’t seen discussed, that I’d love to hear your thoughts on. This may not necessarily be an apples to apples comparison (very different layers, thickness, price), but nevertheless, both are on my latex shortlist. (Still undecided on Mem. Foam vs. Latex, so have a shortlist for both).

Contender 1: Brooklyn Bedding Total Latex
http://www.brooklynbedding.com/latex-mattresses/10-inch-total-latex-mattress

Contender 2: EZ Foam 13 Inch Latex
https://www.sleepez.com/latex-mattress-13000.htm#

Sleeper stats:

Me: 6’2, 210 Lbs, average build
Wife: 5’8, 140 Lbs, curvy

What are your thoughts on what we would gain/lose with either of these mattresses? They are very different - # of layers, construction (3’ layers in Sleep EZ vs 6’ base layer in BB Total Latex), etc. Just wondering which would give us the better latex experience.

Thank you.

Hi hshanka,

You are down to choosing between what I call “good and good” which means that both are great quality and value and it’s time for me to step out of the way so you can make a final choice based on all the objective, subjective, and intangible differences between them that are most important to you and which one you believe fits your own personal criteria the best.

I should mention though that the SleepEz 10000 would be a closer comparison to the BB because they have the same amount of latex.

I think that the differences between these can be easily seen from each website description and your conversations about the options available with each and the importance of the differences between them would depend on the preferences of each individual and on their personal value equation. In terms of the combination of comfort and support … each can be customized in both the comfort layers and the support layers so from the perspective of their potential to meet your needs and preferences they would be very similar.

As you can see in post #2 here and post #2 here (and many others in the forum that have to do with making final choices between great options) … it can be difficult to choose but it would also be difficult to make a “mistake” in terms of the quality and value of either one.

As a few additional references … If you are comparing a mattress that is thicker to one that is thinner then post #14 here includes some information about the potential pros and cons of a thicker mattress. Post #2 here also talks about the potential pros and cons of having more layers.

Phoenix