BB vs Aloe Alexis vs Foam order custom latex

I’m narrowing down my choices lol
Really like the BB not sure if there is enough support for my husband. The aloe Alexis seems like a good choice for him. I’m leaning toward a foam order custom latex mattress. Mainly because I love their diamond quilted cover :). Steve is doing a good job helping me.
Any good/bad stuff I should know?

Hi Splendid,

Your question is too open ended and broad for me to answer (I don’t know exactly what you are asking about) except to say that you are looking at two good quality component latex or latex hybrid mattresses and neither one of them uses any lower quality materials or has any weak links in their design. They are also somewhat different because the Alexis is a latex/polyfoam hybrid and the Foam Order is all latex. There is more about latex/polyfoam hybrids vs all latex mattresses in post #2 here. The Alexis is somewhat “in between” a more typical latex/polyfoam hybrid that only has a few inches of latex over the polyfoam and an all latex mattress that doesn’t contain any polyfoam at all since it has 6" of latex in the top two layers (see post #2 here)

Dreamfoam is a member of the site which means I think highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry. Even though they aren’t a member of the site (at least yet) … I also think highly of Foamorder as well.

The information and links in my replies in your other topic here about how to make meaningful comparisons between different mattresses would also apply to your comparisons here as well.

Since you were asking more about memory foam in the other topic and you are more focused on latex in this topic there is also more about the pros and cons of latex vs memory foam in post #2 here that may be helpful but the choice between them is a preference choice and the most reliable way to know which one you tend to prefer would be based on your own testing and personal experience.

There is more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress but when you can’t test a mattress in person (or if you can and you are still uncertain) then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept well on and liked that they are familiar with, any special considerations you may have, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about helping you to “match” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else so that in combination with your own personal testing you can make a “best judgement” choice.

You are certainly looking at two good quality/value options and once you are confident that all your finalists would be a good match for you in terms of PPP (or you have good options after a purchase if you aren’t) and that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of them in terms of durability (which there aren’t) then you would be down to finalists that are comparing “good to good”. If there are no clear winners between them at this point (which is usually a good indication that you have done some very good research) then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely make a good quality/value choice and (post #2 here) can help you make a final choice based on your local testing or mattresses you have slept well on, your more detailed conversations with each of them, your confidence about PPP and the suitability of each one, their prices, your preferences, the options you have after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or exchange or return the mattress or individual layers, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you. Sometimes the final choice may even come down to a matter of “gut feel” or “educated best judgement”.

Phoenix

At this point , and I’m an info research it to the max get the best deal but don’t compromise on quality person. I’m Fried! Glad the underground exists because I would have thrown out another two or three or four thousand on a pos mattress just because of the “extreme” ambiguity in the industry and talk about rhetoric! Well , lol there should be a new adjective added to websters for the marketing scams of the mattress industry.
Thank you Phoenix, mattress underground and all the forum participants. Great stuff
you do!
You know I’m not done. I’ll be back asking more inane questions that hopefully will help me and someone else going down the same road.
J

Hi Splendid,

Unfortunately you certainly wouldn’t have been the first to “throw away” a few thousand dollars on a mattress that uses some very low quality materials and that would only last for a very few years (and sometimes less) and as you know I would certainly agree with your comments about most of the mainstream industry.

Thanks for the kind words as well and I hope you end up with a mattress that is “perfect” for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix