Beautyrest Memory Foam Plus Series 3.5- thoughts?

I have been in the market for a memory foam mattress to go along with an adjustable foundation.
I have looked at and tested numerous different name brands. The Tempur-pedic had one that was a winner but a comparable bed was the Beautyrest Memory Foam Plus Series 3.5. This one was close to $1400 less than the Temp… It met my needs.
I will be going with a Legget&Platt S-Cape or a Renew adjustable foundation.
I am looking for inputs on what are thoughts on the quality of this Beautyrest. I am ready to pull the trigger on it unless there is some valid concern on the last-a-bility. (new word I just thought of)
Here are some specs and marketing fluff I was able to find on it:

Luxury Plush: For sleepers who enjoy an eveloping softness and “sinking in to your mattress” feeling.
SPECIFICATIONS & BUILD:
• 1" 3lb. AirCool Max Memory Foam
• 1.5" 2.5lb. AirCool Gel Memory Foam
• 1" 3.5lb. AirCool Memory Foam
• Dual Support System
• 2" Engineered Gel Support Layer
• 7" Recharge Support Layer with BeautyEdge
• Mattress Height: 12.5"
AirCool® Max Memory Foam
The AirCool Max Memory Foam uses the conductive properties of micro-diamond technology to help move heat away from your body to maintain an ideal sleeping temperature within the mattress. The diamond particles have conductive tops and are some of the best heat conductors in use to remove excessive heat from mattresses.
AirCool® Memory Foam
Conforms to your body, provides pressure point relief and freedom of movement.
AirCool® Gel Memory Foam
Helps provide great pressure relief, promotes freedom of movement and a comfortable sleeping temperature.
ContourFit™ Gel Memory Foam
Memory Foam uses gel beads designed to provide excellent pressure relief. Molded foam provides for a firmer supportive memory foam feel.
BeautyCloud™ Memory Foam
Extra plush memory foam molds to your body for high levels of pressure relieving comfort. (Select Models)
Engineered Gel Support Layer
Simmons Gel Support layer enhances the conformability and pressure relief for conforming back support by a patented process designed to ensure consistent comfort and support for the life of the mattress. The inside of the mattress contains over 700 sculpted foam cushions that respond independently to your shape and movement.
BeautyEdge®
This banded edge, using high-density foam rails around the mattress provides perimeter support for a better seating edge that feels solid and stable.

Hi ollie24018,

First of all … congratulations on making sure that you were able to find out the quality/density of the upper foam layers in your mattress before purchasing it … this can save you a lot of buyers remorse if the foam layers are lower quality/density materials which are much more likely to soften or break down and lead to buying a new mattress much too quickly after a purchase

Unfortunately … the specs of the top layers you listed contain 3.5" of lower quality/density memory foam which is much more than the quality/durability guidelines here would suggest (“no more than about an inch or so of lower quality/density materials” which would include any memory foam less than about 4 lb density or any polyfoam less than about 1.8 lb density) and it’s certainly not a mattress I would consider. Like all the major brands (Sealy, Simmons, or Serta) … I would avoid it and look for a mattress that uses higher quality and more durable materials that will maintain its comfort and support for a reasonable period of time (see the guidelines here).

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix… From the guidelines I thought that this mattress was subpar but was hoping it may have been borderline enough to chose it. It was the the best suited for me that I could find so far.
Selection here in Roanoke, VA is meager as far as quality at a reasonable price…
I am budgeting a max of $2700 for mattress and adjustable foundation (minimal bells and whistles).

Hi ollie24018,

It’s generally much less risky (and frustrating) to avoid the major brands completely.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Roanoke area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #5 here.

Phoenix