Beautyrest Recharge World Class Teagan Luxury Firm Pillowtop King Mattress Set

I am looking for a new King bed. I want to support Simmons as a Georgia company. The bed has great reviews and in my price range. Has the features i like. The alt bed is iSeries by Serta Profiles Hybrid Tranquil Retreat Super Pillowtop Luxury Plush King.

Does anyone in this forum have any comments on these beds or an alternate recommendation?

Thanks and Go Dawgs!

Hi GaSleeper,

The first suggestion I would have is to “reset” how you are looking for a mattress. The best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones which would include all the major brands (including Sealy, Simmons, and Serta) or any mattress that uses lower quality and less durable materials or where you aren’t able to find out the quality and durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here).

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

While other people’s comments or reviews about the knowledge, service, and guidance of a particular business can certainly be helpful … I would avoid using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

I would always keep in mind that the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, personal preferences, and individual circumstances involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of layers would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial) or your actual sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I or some of the more knowledgeable members of the site can certainly help you to narrow down your options, help you focus on better quality/value choices that are available to you either locally or online, help you identify any lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress you may be considering, act as a fact check, answer many of the specific questions you may have along the way that don’t involve what you will “feel” on a mattress, and help with “how” to choose but only you can decide which specific mattress, manufacturer, or combination of materials is “best for you” regardless of whether anyone else has the same criteria or would make the same choice. I would be very skeptical of anyone who claims that they have some kind of crystal ball that can predict which specific mattress you will sleep best on with any certainty. It just doesn’t exist.

Once you reach step 3 in the tutorial … if you let me know your city or zip code in Georgia I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

Thanks for the great advice! The information is very helpful. I am in GA- 30306. Any help is welcome

Hi GaSleeper,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Atlanta area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix