Bed coming in Saturday. Still no mattress.

Hi l5ut1ger,

There are many manufacturers that can approximate the Tempurpedic line for about half the cost using similar quality layering and materials. Tempurpedic uses mostly (but not all) good quality materials but they are significantly overpriced compared to many other manufacturers that make similar quality mattresses that sell for much less. Post #2 here may be worth reading.

The way to know for certain is to compare the density and thickness of the foams in the Tempurpedic with the ones they are using. This is a typical example though of the “value” of a good local manufacturer.

I would also commend him on this (local manufacturers don’t want returns because their reputation replaces the advertising of larger brands and they can operate at much smaller profit margins because of this) and I also commend you for realizing that this is a sign of their integrity.

Yes … you are very much on the right track. Based on my conversations with them they are what I call “mattress people” and this is exactly the type of factory direct manufacturer that I would love to work with. The quality and value they provide is typically much better than anything you would find at a mass market retailer or with a larger mainstream brand (as you have seen) and they have the kind of knowledge and experience that can help their customers make better choices both in terms of quality and value and in terms of choosing a mattress that would be suitable for their needs and preferences.

You are definitely heading in the right direction and working with good people IMO :slight_smile:

Phoenix