Bed Frames - Ikea up to snuff ?

ok i did the math and my mattress will be anywhere from 110 to 180 pounds depending on the layers i choose, plus i myself weigh 230 pounds ( and have been as high as 240 ) and i don’t have a GF but the bed is Queen size so it should be able to take another ( worst case scenario ) 140 pounds.

so worst case scenario:

180 + 240 + 140 = 560 lbs.

can Ikea handle this ?

i have an Ikea 20 minute drive away here, but i won’t be able to visit it until next Monday ( a week from today ).

where i live space is always at premium so i really want a bed with storage, like this:

actually this particular bed would match perfectly two other pieces of Ikea furniture in my room ( also white / maple ) … actually on picture this looks like the bed i need …

but i’m building a high quality mattress here - latex and wool, no springs - so i don’t want to place it over some shaky, squeaky foundation - will the Ikea be good enough ? will it last at least 10 years ?

Hi 1981c,

I have no direct experience with Ikea bedframes but the foundation thread here has some good options that would work well.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=17127]Hi 1981c,

I have no direct experience with Ikea bedframes but the foundation thread here has some good options that would work well.

Phoenix[/quote]

foundations are too “American” for me. what’s the point of having a bed frame, and then a foundation on it when you can just have a taller bed ? only Americans could come up with something so illogical - no other people could have afforded such a waste of resources.

i would like something like this:

Hi g1981c,

If you read the foundation thread I linked you will see that it includes some stand alone options and some platform beds that would work well.

Phoenix