Bed Hunting Help

Hi all,

Glad I found this place before dropping $6,000 on a bed. After reading a bit around here I fear I may have been heading down the wrong path, especially thinking the whole “expensive is better” mentality. Oops!

So I could use some help, ha.

I have muscular dystrophy, and have been sleeping on an old, cheap twin size spring mattress for like 15 years. Time to invest in something that will help my body and not hurt it. I know that I want a nice adjustable base, head and foot, maybe massage stuff. As or mattresses I was near set on a Tempurpedic but now am not so sure. :confused:

I tried a Sterns & Foster Latex bed today, was OK comfort wise but swear the Temper felt more supportive.

Are there any good local type stores someone may know of in my area? Concord / Walnut Creek California?

Would greatly appreciate any insight, thank you much.

Hi thatryan,

The first place to start is post #1 here which has the basic information, steps, and guidelines that will help you make the best mattress choices.

The adjustable bed thread has some good information about adjustable beds and links to some sites that I use for a “value” reference.

The better options I’m aware of in your area are listed in post #2 here.

Good luck and if you have questions along the way don’t hesitate to post them :slight_smile:

Phoenix