BedCo in Portland, OR

First of all, thanks so much for this great website and forum!

My wife and I will be heading to Parklane in the next week or two and hope to start and end our search there. And we probably will be able to based on the great comments about them.

But, just in case, I saw that BedCo is also on the recommended list of places to check with. I drive by one of their stores regularly and there are liquidation and merging signs posted. I called once and was told they are merging with Mattress Depot USA in Seattle.

Would this be a good time (with “liquidation prices”) or a risky time to shop at BedCo for a mattress?

Hi pdxmichael,

While they are not a specific recommendation … they are among the better “options and possibilities” in the Portland area.

[quote]I drive by one of their stores regularly and there are liquidation and merging signs posted. I called once and was told they are merging with Mattress Depot USA in Seattle.

Would this be a good time (with “liquidation prices”) or a risky time to shop at BedCo for a mattress? [/quote]

This would depend entirely on the specific mattresses they are currently selling, on the quality of the materials inside them, and on how they compare to any other mattresses you are considering. There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but “value” is always relative to how a mattress compares to other mattresses not to how much it is discounted from a “normal” retail price. If they are transparent about the materials in any of their mattresses you are interested in so you can make meaningful comparisons (see this article) then I think it would probably be worthwhile paying them a visit to see how your “finalist” there compares to any of your other finalists at other stores or manufacturers such as Parklane.

Phoenix