Beloit Mattress Company - Easy Rest Classic Hybrid

Hi Phoenix,

Love the site - have read a ton and have learned so much over the last few weeks. We live in Madison, WI, and based on your recommendation, we traveled down to Beloit to visit the Beloit Mattress Co.

Quick background - ~5 years ago we bought a Serta pillow top. No idea what is in it, but after only 1-2 years body impressions were quite evident. We are now interested in upgrading to a King and wanted to make sure we get a quality mattress.

I’m 5’9’‘, 175 lbs, and my wife is 5’2’', 115 lbs. We both toss and turn all night (due to the uncomfortable mattress), so at least now we both are side, back and stomach sleepers.

Visiting Beloit Mattress, we found two that feel good to us:

1. Easy Rest Classic Hybrid
    Build Specifications
    Innerspring:
    850 “Comfort Core ™” Pocketed Coil Spring System

15-gauge, 7 turn coil
Encased in 2.7 pound density foam for a firm durable edge

Comfort Layers:
Upholstered with:
Center ⅓ ¼ inch 1.8 pound density foam pad
¾ inch 1.8 pound density foam pad
1 inch 24 ILD Talalay Latex
1 inch G-Flex™ gel infused foam (I believe this is 4 lbs/sq ft)
Uniquely tailored smooth Airtex™ cover

$1,299

1. Build Specifications
    Foam Core:
    6 inch Talalay Latex core
    36 ILD medium firm
    Encased in 2.7 pound density 65 ILD foam for a firm durable edge

Comfort Layers:
Upholstered with:
3 inch “G-Flex” 4 pound density Gel foam
Uniquely tailored smooth Airtex™ cover

$2289

We felt both felt really good, and are leaning towards the innerspring one as they felt very similar and its hard to convince ourselves to pay ~$1K more for the latex one.

Thoughts? Do you see any weak points on either of them?

Thanks!
Mike

Hi Mcharv006,

Both of the mattresses you are considering use good quality materials and have no weak links in their construction so from a durability perspective they would both make great choices. As you probably know Beloit is a member of this site which means that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality value and service.

Mattresses made by the same manufacturer all tend to have similar value and outside of how they feel and perform ane the main differences between them would be the cost of the materials inside them and in their construction and design.

This means that the Silhouette uses more costly and more premium and high performance materials (such as a latex core vs an innerspring and 3" of G-Flex vs 1") than the Easy Rest Classic Hybrid.

Both would make equally good quality/value choices but they will be different from each other in terms of feel and performance and which one is the best value for you would depend on which is the best match for all the criteria of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Neither of them would be a mistake in terms of quality/durability or value and would be a better choice than the huge majority of consumers would end up purchasing in the mainstream industry :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I am looking at easy rest or orthopedic firm
did you ever buy your mattress and did you like it
If any one can help since I am driving to beloit today.
maybe if something like the easy rest to compare
thank you

was there today saw a short note dated oct was that you