Beloit mattress

Thank you for sharing all of the info in this site. I’ve been pouring over it the last few days and I’m particularly interested in the Beloit Mattress somnigel mattresses. We live outside their shipping area so hopefully freight won’t be too high. Very informative site.

Hi Kenhef01,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

There are two Somnigel mattresses from Beloit Mattress Company, the Azure and the Sapphire.

The Azure uses the 1057 Bolsa pocketed spring system from Leggett and Platt with the new Quantum Edge feature. The main comfort layers are a 1" 4 lb. G-Flex memory foam and a 1.125" layer of the SomniGel. Somnigel is a type of buckling column gel. There is more about buckling column gel in this article and in post #2 here and the posts it links to. A forum search on “buckling column gel” (you can just click the link) will also bring up more comments and feedback about it as well.

The Sapphire uses the 1130 Combi-Zone pocketed spring system from Leggett and Platt with the new Quantum Edge feature. This spring unit has zones to allow for a bit more conformation to the shoulder and hip regions. The main comfort layers are a 1" piece of 24 ILD Talalay latex and a 2.25" piece of SomniGel.

Buckling column gel has a different feel than a comparable foam layer, so hopefully you’ve had a chance to try out a similar product in your area.

As you may be aware, Beloit Mattress Company is a member here, which means I think highly of them. A phone conversation with them would be your best method of learning about each of these items and the difference in feel between them.

Phoenix