Best bouncy plush pillow top hybrid with the most natural/organic ingredien

100 pound older woman, side and back sleeper…want to feel like I’m sleeping on a cloud, not sinking! Considering Alex Sig hybrid (sparrow), Brentwood Oceano, Plushbeds Luxury Bliss, Winkbeds Ecocloud…will consider others but these seem to have the look from videos that I think will work for me. Can you advise which has the most natural ingredients or may be the best fit? Thank you!

Hi Fabphilly.

The first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

As a side and back sleeper, the comfort layers generally need to be a little softer and/or thicker (ranging from 2 - 4").

I would say the Oceano is only slightly more natural than the Sparrow. The Luxury Bliss is all natural (where reasonable, obviously the coils are metal) and organic. The EcoCloud also has natural comfort layers (but not organic).

I hope this helps you moving forward!
Nikki

Do you think it might be possible to achieve my goals with just a latex 3 inch topper of medium density?

Not sure if you have any alignment issues at all and also not sure about your BMI (you didn’t give your height) but I suspect the addition of a latex topper will go a long way towards getting you what you want. I suspect you might be better off with a 2-3" soft (19-22ILD) talalay topper rather than a medium (28ILD) due to your low body weight but as Nikki said, only you will know what is best for your situation. You could also start with a 2" soft then add another 2" medium underneath later if you need more travel to get comfortable.

Thanks for your response! I am 5’2 now, very bony …had both hips replaced last year but continue to be very athletic. I do want that very plush feeling of laying in/on a cloud. I don’t like super soft beds but I think softer now than I used to. Does that help at all?

Hi Fabphilly.

Mattrebuild’s advice is good. Starting with 2" of plush material and then adding 2" of a medium (or medium plush) if you feel you need additional support is a great way to troubleshoot your needs.

NikkiTMU