Best Mattress Ever or KISS?

I’m going with these 2 choices based on the simplified choice list. I’m am 6’ 235lb. Both seem to fit my needs. Both are priced nearly the same.
Does anyone have a reason why I should chose one over the other?
Thanks

Hi muncher,

Unfortunately, there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved in choosing a mattress for me or someone else to make specific suggestions based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or theory at a distance that can possible be more accurate than your own careful and objective testing (using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post) which is always the most reliable way to predict which mattress will be the best match for you in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

The Best Mattress Ever does offer three different combinations of comfort (plush, medium, firm), and the upper most layers are two 2" layers of Talalay and Dunlop latex, respectively. This will tend to have a bit more of a “buoyant” feel on top.

The KISS mattress comes in one firmness option and uses 1.5" of Talalay on top, under which is 1.5" of a HP polyfoam which has some of the conforming properties of a memory foam without the feeling of sinking in too much (a bit more resilient than memory foam).

Overall, both items use good quality materials that would not be a cause for concern for your BMI (both use 2.0 lb. polyfoam cores). The BME does have 1" more of “specialty” foam in the upper layers. Objectively, both items spec out well for the price point they’re offered. The only reliable way to tell if you liked one of these better than the other would be through your own careful personal testing. You are dealing with two good companies (Brooklyn Bedding and SleepEZ are both site members here, which mean that I think highly of them), and both options have good return policies should your decision not turn out as well as you would have hoped.

I’ll be interested in learning what (if anything) you decide to choose.

Phoenix

Well, FYI, I ordered the Best Mattress Ever in Medium. It should be here by the end of the week.

Hi muncher,

Congratulations on your new mattress, and for making a good quality/value choice! :cheer:

I’ll be interested in learning about how the mattress performs for you once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

Phoenix

well, it showed up today. I was amazed how such a huge, heavy object can be compressed to that size and then regain its shape almost immediately. My initial thought was that it was a nice looking mattress,heavy and well made. I realized 2 things after laying on it for a couple minutes, 1! boy did we need a new one 2) this seemed quit supportive and maybe a little firm. Of course my previous mattress was a pillow top. i cant wait to sleep on it. unfortunately I am going away for a couple nights i’ll give an update later.

Hi muncher,

Thanks for the update. I’m glad your mattress arrived already.

Have you ever seen the video of one of the Brooklyn Bedding bagging machines in action?

That’s perfect, as it gives your mattress plenty of time to fully decompress.

I’m looking forward to it! Have a safe trip.

Phoenix

well, it’s been about 5 weeks now and I can say I’m kinda indifferent. The first week i thought it was really firm but I slept well. My wife hated it. She said it was too firm. It did soften up a little since. I have developed a little hip pain when I sleep on my side. The rest of my body feels fine when I side sleep or sleep on my back.
So basically, My 5 week review helps NOBODY…LOL
I an starting to toss around the idea of returning it and go with another recommended ones and try the KISS.

Hi muncher,

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply and some feedback on your new BME mattress. At five weeks, you probably still have a bit of softening that will take place before having to decide if you want to make a change or not. If you’re interested, there is more about the most common symptoms/pains that people may experience when they sleep on a mattress and the most likely (although not the only) reasons for them in post #2 here .

I’m looking forward to your future updates.

Phoenix