best mattress for a big person / side sleeper

So was ready to buy a black label, beautyrest kameryn today (1099, great price) and stumbled on this site. We’ve had our mattress about 3 years is all, it’s a very high end spring air/eurotop, plush (4 seasons or something)…it was free, long story, but have had a lot of problems. the body impressions are huge, and we have to rotate it every few days…Now I have bad hip pain and can’t sleep on it more than a few hours- We are larger people (300lbs, 225 lbs), and I am a side sleeper and do prefer a soft mattress…and have always liked pillowtops/eurotops/etc but afraid it won’t hold up with our size-

Would REALLY appreciate any specific recommendations, we are near the chicago area and have a truck, travelling is no problem for us. I really liked the mattress at the hard rock hotel in vegas, but haven’t been able to figure out what it was, someone said it is a serta regal suite firm, double sided (us mattress company told me this) but don’t recall it being firm, so didn’t want to take the chance as it’s $$. Any info is much appreciated! will try to avoid buying the Kameryn black label, but the price is tempting and I’m getting desperate!

Hi hook13,

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences for anyone to make specific mattress suggestions for someone else (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) but I can certainly help with how to choose rather than what to choose.

With your weights it will be particularly important that the materials in your mattress are both suitable for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and durability because lower quality materials will soften and degrade much more quickly with higher weights and your most suitable choices may be different and require firmer layers than those that are lighter.

The first place to start is post #1 here which has all the information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices (and avoid the worst ones or any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the details of the materials inside it).

Once you get to step 3 some of the better options I’m aware of in the Chicago area are listed in post #2 and #4 here.

I would start (and probably end) with Quality Sleep / My Green Mattress which is one of the members here which means I believe they are among the best quality/value in the country.

Phoenix