Best Mattress for very light sleeper

Hello,

My wife and I are in the market for a new bed to replace a 7 year old Verlo. I am a very light sleeper so most important is motion isolation. Also, I had lower back surgery 3 years ago so will want to ensure the mattress is good for backs. I like to sleep in a cool environment with one or two blankets, my wife likes 6 blankets. I am often up later than her, doing some computer work or reading.

Given the above, our current top two choices are the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme Ergo, split California King and the Sealy Optimum Radiance (ergo, split California King).

Any suggestions of one over the other, or other brands we should consider? We live in Chicago Illinois.

Thanks in advance

Hi Holden42d,

The first place I would start is post #1 here which has all the basic informations steps and guidelines you will need to make good choices … and how and why to avoid the worse ones including both of the manufacturers you mentioned.

The better options I’m aware of in the Chicagoland area are in posts #2 and #4 here and includes one of the manufacturing members of the site who are among the best quality/value in the country.

I would likely start there and probably end there as well.

Phoenix