best natural/organic sheets and bedding

Hi All,

Any recommendations for good quality bed sheets, comforter cover, and blanket that are preferably organic and chemical free? Sorry in advance if this has been covered before, but I did a search and came up with nothing.

I currently have a sleep and beyond washable wool comforter (non organic) which is amazing. I saw that sleep and beyond makes sheets but they are not organic. I saw that amazon carries magnolia organic bedding products which have a great price point. Any feedback on this brand? Any other recomendations?

Thanks!

Hi ps99115,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

While the focus of this forum is primarily on mattresses, I do have some links to sheets in post #7 here. Also, if you scroll down to the component supplier post here there are some companies who cater to more natural products and some of them may carry the types of sheets you’re looking for.

I’m not familiar with this brand, but perhaps some other knowledgeable members of the site might have some experience with this brand and they could comment.

Let us know if you end up finding something that you like!

Phoenix

We’ve used the Magnolia Estate sheets for about two and a half years. They’re noticeably thicker than any other sheets we have, and they’re a bit stiffer and noisier when you move around in them. They’re also not as slick or as soft to the touch as most sheets… But they’re my favorite non-flannel sheets, and have held up really well. I expect we’ll have these for a long time.

Hi mr-ben,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on these sheets for ps99115. I appreciate you doing that! :lol:

Phoenix

Hi mr-ben,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on these sheets for ps99115. I appreciate you doing that! :lol:

Phoenix

Thanks mr-Ben. The Magnolia Estates sheets were the ones I was looking at. Do you find the stiffness and lack of softness to take away from the comfort? I’m used to 400 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and like a soft slick sheet. Thanks again for the reply!

I use Coyuchi. No chemicals and organic. I use all their sheets, blankets. I also only sleep in Coyuchi, I love it.

Thanks MEA. I also looked at Coyuchi but can’t justify spending that much for sheets. Hoping to keep price tag around $100 for cotton sheets.

Personally, I prefer sheets like this. They feel durable, and warm, but are still breathable and aren’t hot or slippery like the bamboo (rayon) sheets I’ve tried. My wife, who loves our super-fluffy flannel sheets isn’t as fond of them as I am, but she doesn’t dislike them either. If you’re after a really soft slick sheet, this probably isn’t it, assuming it hasn’t changed since we bought them.

We also have one of their crib sheets, and it’s a completely different fabric. Much softer to the touch, and more flannel-like. Over time this one has gotten more rough to the touch, while the estate sheets have gotten softer.

Hi,

You should be able to find organic sheets from Sleep and Beyond. We are setup with Sleep and Beyond and have seen their organic sheet line. Other companies to check out for organic and natural bedding are Gotcha Covered, Holy Lamb and as you know Coyuchi. One of my new favorite sheets for feel are Tencel sheets. They are derived from the Eucalyptus plant and feel great, however they are not organic.

For what it’s worth, I also have sheets from Sleep and Beyond, and from Brooklinen. I haven’t had these long and I’ve never slept on them because they’re on my 3-year old’s bed and not mine. So I can’t say much about them, but both seem like nice sheets. The Sleep and Beyond are a nice soft sateen. The Brooklinen are percale, which is more my style (they also make a sateen). Neither of these is organic, but they’re both Oeko-Tex certified. Since I’m more concerned about chemicals in my bed more than chemicals on the farm, and because I’ve read that some of the highest quality cotton plants are more difficult to grow organically than the lower quality ones, I went after Oeko-Tex instead of organic.