Best of a Bad Bunch?

Hi Peterr,

The specs for the Nourishing Comfort don’t appear to be quite the same as the Balanced Days listed on the page I linked although they seem to be very similar. US Mattress is also one of the better sites on the net for listing specs and as many of the foam densities as the manufacturer makes available to them.

The specs don’t include the type of foam used in the 2" Independent Support Technology layer. They are also missing the density of the polyfoam base layer and the density of the polyfoam edge support used in the mattress.

Both sets of specs use about 4.5" of memory foam in the 4 lb range so this would be a medium quality/density memory foam that would be fine for average weight ranges although I would minimize the use of memory foam in the 4 lb range if you are have a heavier body type (over about 200 lbs or so) for durability reasons.

I’m guessing you mean this post?

They’re listed in the previous post I linked.

Hopefully someone (or Simmons) will provide them for you (along with the specifics of the “independent support technology”) but I don’t know them for certain.

The base layers play a less important role than than the comfort layers in terms of durability but with heavier weights the deeper layers will play a larger role. You can read more about all the factors that are involved in the relative durability and useful life of a mattress in post #4 here.

If it comes from the manufacturer then it would normally be trustworthy yes.

I would treat it like any other polyfoam of the same or very similar density. Transflection means that they precompress the layer several times to remove any “false firmness” from the layer and shorten the break in period.

Phoenix