Best one-stop natural mattress shop in San Diego

Hi Phoenix,
I’m looking to purchase a natural latex mattress tomorrow morning. I don’t have time to travel around town so i’m looking to narrow down the options today. I would like to find a local retailer that has a few different types to choose from, the best quality, and really clean materials (like Natura World mattress’s) and perhaps sell the flexible wood slat foundations. If you could only go to one store in San Diego (any part), where would you go? And, if they were closed, where would you go next? Thank you kindly Phoenix :slight_smile:

Hi natalia,

You haven’t left yourself much time to make a well researched choice and while I can certainly help to narrow things down and help with “how” to choose and what to avoid … I don’t make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or materials because only you can feel what you feel on a mattress or decide on the types of mattresses and materials that you are most interested in trying and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to know which type of mattress design or materials would be best for you based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or theory at a distance (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). What is “best” for you either in terms of a mattress or a store can be very different from what would be “best” for someone else.

Post #2 here and the more detailed posts and information it links to have more information about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and “green” mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and answer “how safe is safe enough for me” so you can decide on the types of materials you are most comfortable with having in your mattress. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, criteria, and lifestyle choices.

Once you have decided on the types of materials or mattresses that you are most interested in, then the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the San Diego area (subject to the “quality/value” guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here. Two of them are members of this site which means that I think highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Both of them also carry GOLS certified organic latex. I don’t think you could go far wrong with either of them and if I was in your shoes I would talk to each of them on the phone (or any of the others that are of interest to you) to tell them a little more about the criteria that are most important to you and then visit the one (or both) that carry the range of mattresses that you are most interested in testing based on your conversation(s) with each of them.

Phoenix