Best pick from Quality Sleep Shop

Hi everyone after reading up I decided to try out Quality Sleep Shop.
I am a big guy 6’1 275 lbs and have degenerative discs in my lower back.
The missus is not a small person either, she likes the Hampton bed and the firm edges.
Not sure if we want a king or california king but we need the room because she is pregnant and hogs up the bed anyway!
I guess firmer is better for me too, if I start sinking in and bending my spine I get back spasms horribly.
If anyone has any advice or experiences to share we would appreciate the help.
Does anyone know which of their mattresses would fit the situation?

Hi tonyblue,

[quote]If anyone has any advice or experiences to share we would appreciate the help.
Does anyone know which of their mattresses would fit the situation? [/quote]

Only you can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to make specific recommendations or suggest a specific mattress or combination of layers or materials based on specs (either yours or a mattress), health conditions, individual circumstances, or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). The most reliable way to choose a mattress which is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) will be based on your own personal testing … hopefully using the testing guidelines in the mattress shopping tutorial.

I would also be very cautious about using other people’s reviews or experiences on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how suitable a mattress may be for you or the durability of a mattress and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on or vice versa (see post #13 here).

There are also some guidelines in post #3 here that will also be helpful for those that are in higher weight ranges.

The staff at Quality Sleep are very knowledgeable and experienced and will know more about their mattresses than anyone else and they will be the most reliable source of guidance of all (in combination with your own testing) when it comes to helping their customers to “match” their mattresses to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences.

Phoenix