Blended or Natural latex

Which would be the longest lasting latex, blended or Natural? If blended then what percentage of synthetic should i consider?

it’s not like you can choose what percentage you want.

natural will smell better and be more comfortable.

durability i think will be similar although blended says it is more durable but anytime somebody wants to sell you cheap substitute they will say it is better, so frankly i don’t believe it …

the only real advantage that blended has is consistency from batch to batch, and lower cost.

Hi jay55,

It would depend on several factors including the process used to manufacture the latex (Dunlop or Talalay) and is not just a “better / worse” comparison between synthetic and natural. You can read more about the different types of latex and comparisons between them in post #6 here and in post #6 here and a comparison between the aging characteristics of NR (natural rubber) and SBR (synthetic rubber) in post #2 here.

You can also read about the many factors involved in the relative durability of different mattress designs and materials in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

As you will see … these are complex questions and it’s usually best to avoid black and white comparisons which are usually not very accurate and can also be misleading (although they are very common in the information available on the internet).

Phoenix