Body weight and ILD

I bought a Pure Latex Bliss “Beautiful” and am wondering if it will be too soft. I am 5’’ 6" and 134lbs. I’ve been sleeping on an OMI (Organicpedic) Duo with a standard soft configuration. The Duo feels slightly hard to me and we just purchased a PLB topper to go on it. I saw the post on ILD’s for PLB products but they don’t mean anything to me. Will the “Beautiful” work for me? I plan to put it on an adjustable base.
Thanks!

Hi danvilekitty,

You are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing or personal experience … hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

ILD is a measure of firmness/softness (higher ILD’s are firmer and lower ILD’s are softer) but specs such as ILD aren’t particularly important unless you have tested a specific mattress where you know the ILD of all the layers and you are using them as a reference point for comparison because your body will do a much better job of telling you whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP than the ILD specs of a mattress.

The Beautiful is a very soft mattress and softer mattresses can work better for pressure relief than firmer mattresses (particularly for side sleepers) but there is also a higher risk of sleeping with your spine and joints out of alignment on softer mattresses as well which can lead to lower back pain and discomfort but you are also in a lighter weight range which means that softer mattresses would be less risky than they would be for someone in a heavier weight range.

There is also more information in post #2 here about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them.

Phoenix