Bought Bed in Box PacBamboo Mattress

Hi,

I just bought a queen size Bed in Box PacBamboo Mattress and a Prodigy Adjustable bed for about 3,000 dollars. Not sure if that was a good deal or not but this mattress gets way too hot for my preference. I like the support but after reading this forum, I am concerned about the future durability of this mattress. I can start returning this mattress after 60 days so I am looking for any comparable mattresses with the same level of firmness but with no heating issues. I am open to Latex as well. I live in the Bay Area (california) and if you can refer me to a local retailer, would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Patrick

More detail:

I weigh 170 pounds 5’9" and primarily a back sleeper, although I sleep occasionally on my side. I am allergic to dust mites and have sinus infections from time to time.

Hi patrickpark,

You can read my thoughts about bedinabox in post #2 here and a forum search on bedinabox (you can just click this) will bring up more posts about them as well.

The best place to start your research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

You can read more about matching different mattresses in post #9 here. It’s unlikely that you will find a manufacturer who is familiar enough with BIAB to know how their mattresses compared so you would be dependent on your own personal testing for PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) to find a mattress that is similar to the BIAB in terms of support/alignment.

You can read a little more about controlling dust mite populations in post #2 here. latex is a good choice because it is very breathable which helps control the humidity levels in a mattress which in turn helps regulate the number of dust mites in your mattress.

You have some great options available in the San Francisco / Oakland area and the better options and possibilities I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

thank you!!