Break in period?

Hi,
New member and i’m sure this topic has been discussed many times. We just received the Saatva Luxury Firm mattress and slept on it only one night. For myself I slept fine, my wife thought it was too firm. Saatva said to give it a couple of weeks to break it in. Is this normal? This mattress replaced a mattress we got from Jordan’s Furniture here in the New England area. The matreess we had was their version of the tempurpedic. Only bought it 4 years ago but I weigh 280 and lately feel like I have been sleeping in a peanut butter sandwich. :slight_smile:

The Saatva seemes very well made and I was told I could replace it for the softer one but would have to pay the shipping costs which I think is fair. I just don’t want to rush my decision. Never thought I would join a mattress forum :lol:

Hi 2bsticks,

Yes … there will be a break in period with any new mattress and it can also take some time to adjust to a new sleeping surface although it will vary with the mattress and the person (see post #2 here).

While in some cases it can take longer … it’s usually a good idea to give any new mattress at least two weeks before considering any changes.

I would also be a little cautious at your weight with a softer mattress because of potential alignment issues.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply Phonenix, I feel better :slight_smile:

What is you take on a mattress topper, I’m thinking down the road, if my wife still feels it’s too firm. I see they make different types, material and thickness etc. Also would the sheets still fit putting one of these on a 14" mattress.