Broad question looking for broad answer.

Hello,

Im new to the forum and Im very surprised with the wealth of knowledge that seems to be here. But, I do have a question. It seems there is a lot of information on matteress’s, materials, structure and style/type and I agree 100% its very important to find the right mattress for “you”. There is also talk of mattress’s being looked at in a quality to value aspect. That being said, my question is, what are these brands/companys that have the best value to quality? Its a broad question, and I understand the factors such as budget or mattress style can affect this. So in my case Im looking for a new mattress, my max budget is $1500 and im am inner spring kinda guy. I have tried all different kinds of foam and latex and different densitys, air, water and old fashioned inner spring always has been more comfy. So with that info in mind, who are the companies with the best bang for the buck? Ill figure out the comfort and what matteres later but fr now I just need a starting point cause my head is spining. Thank everyone

Hi Jmackk,

Your question about which manufacturer has the best “bang for the buck” or which are the “top manufacturers” has been asked many times but unfortunately there isn’t any meaningful way to answer it because there isn’t a “top 5” or a “top 10” or even a “top 100” that would apply to everyone and most of the better options would only be available locally or regionally anyway and “brand shopping” can be among the worst ways to choose a mattress. You can see some comments about the top 15 largest manufacturers in this article and there are currently over 40 manufacturers and retailers that are members of the site (and the list will continue to grow over time) that I recommend “as a group” that I believe compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service and transparency but there are many others across the country that aren’t members here that would also be well worth considering and many of the members are only available locally or online. You can see my reply to a similar “best bang for the buck” or “top manufacturers” question in post #2 here.

The most reliable way to choose a mattress is to follow the 5 steps in the mattress shopping tutorial (and/or the optional online step) and once you have read some of the basic information and have decided on the types of mattresses you are most interested in testing then the next step would be to find the more knowledgeable and transparent manufacturers and retailers that are available in your area.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of that are reasonably close to you.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix,

My zip code is 85087, and I have read the tutorial and it is great info. I dont believe in brand shopping and I know Even though someone may find comfort in one bed doesnt mean i will as well. I know what I want but at the same time I have no idea hahaha.

Hi Jmackk,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the larger Phoenix area (subject to the “value” guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #4 here.

You are very fortunate to live close to Phoenix because several of the members here are based there and you have have some great quality/value options available that you can actually test in person unlike most of the members here who would only have the chance to purchase them online.

That means it’s time to start testing mattresses :slight_smile:

Phoenix

That was the answer I was looking for!!! Just some companies to check out, thank you sir, Im goin to start testing this weekend!!