Brooklyn Bedding 10" Cotton Caress Memory Foam vs. Dreamfoam 13" Memory Foam

I was wondering if anybody have insight over which of these 2 memory foam mattresses is better?

Brooklyn Bedding 10" Cotton Caress
http://www.brooklynbedding.com/memory-foam-mattresses/10-inch-cotton-memory-foam-mattress
1" Soft Reflex Foam
3" of 4 LB. Memory Foam
6" HD Foam Core.

Dreamfoam 13" Gel Memory Foam
https://www.amazon.com/DreamFoam-Mattress-Ultimate-Dreams-13-Inch/dp/B0092UCN0Y/ref=pd_sbs_hg_1
Three Layer construction:
3" of 4lb gel memory foam
2" of 5lb memory foam
8" base of premium base foam

I’ve heard that memory foam needs to be thicker so it’s less likely to bottom out?

Hi lur3nj14,

I don’t think I would call either one better or worse. They are just different and since they are made by the same manufacturer they are also similar value.

The 13" Gel memory foam has the advantage of being similar to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe except just a bit firmer apparently which means that you can test a similar mattress locally to see if it is suitable for you.

The 10" cotton caress has the advantage or having an exchangeable comfort layer which means that if your choice isn’t quite right you can exchange it for a different type of memory foam or latex.

These types of “blanket” or “absolute” statements usually come from people who are either trying to sell something or who know little about mattress design. While most people may go through or “bottom out” on 3" of most memory foam if it was on the floor … in a mattress the memory foam is over other types of foam or components which have their own level of softness and there are many mattresses which even use an inch or two of memory foam either over or under other layers which work very well for those who prefer this type of feel. In my own case for example I personally prefer thinner layers of memory foam (in the range of about 2") over more resilient types of foam underneath it compared to mattresses that use thicker single or multiple layers of memory foam.

Everything always depends on how well a particular mattress provides a specific person with what I call PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences). Each person can have a unique body type, sleeping style, and preferences and may need or prefer a very different mattress with a very different design from the next person.

When you are looking at “all good” choices … the only way to choose between them is based on which of the preferences and tradeoffs that are part of your “personal value equation” are most important to you.

Phoenix