Brooklyn Bedding: Aloe Alexis vs. Essence (Synthetic vs. Natural Latex)

My GF and I would like a nice latex mattress and are looking to buy from Brooklyn Bedding to save on the Brick & Mortar costs. I’ve been interacting with their very helpful salespeople, Mario and Jacob, and am debating spending the extra $800 on the Essence versus the Aloe Alexis, both in King size.

She is 5’5" and 115 lbs and prefers less firm, while I (6’ and 200 lbs) prefer more firm.

As I see it, with 3" natural Talalay over 6" natural Dunlop core, the Essence is 9" of 100% natural latex which “beats” the 6" of latex (60/40 synthetic/natural split) in the Aloe Alexis which sits on a 7" foam core.

Question: What’s better about “natural” latex and is this configuration (3" natural Talalay over 6" natural Dunlop) also enough to justify the price difference from the other (2 x 3" blended latex over 7" foam core)?

I understand that “value” is very subjective, but I’m looking to get some objective advice before pulling the trigger here.

Hi idlewild,

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses but both of these are high quality choices and neither one has any weak links in their design so which mattress is the “best value” for any particular person depends entirely on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you so there is no “objective” way to decide this.

Post #4 here has more comments about how these mattresses compare that may be helpful in deciding which one is the best “match” or “best value” for you (regardless of whether it would be the best value for someone else).

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix.

Do you ever sleep?

Hi idlewild,

Not as much as I’d like to :slight_smile:

Phoenix