Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Just wanted to quickly follow up and say, we returned the BB medium king mattress… the return process was quick and painless. in 2 days the truck was there to pick it up and within a week the money was refunded.
We ended up ordering a dreamfoam supreme 12" king mattress and we are now on night 3. My fiance and I both decided this is the exactly what we wanted in a mattress. It doesn’t sleep hot, plenty of support without being too firm and zero motion transfer. For anyone that isn’t to used to a memory foam bed, the brooklyn bedding mattress is a quality buy from a great company… If your leaning towards the memory foam style beds for whatever you reasons maybe, I can honestly say we are very satisfied with the dreamfoam mattress.

Hi billynath1988,

Thanks for the update … I appreciate it ":slight_smile:

It’s good to see that your return and refund process went smoothly and now that you know you prefer memory foam more than latex it’s also great to see that your new mattress is working out so well for you.

Phoenix

Why did you ultimately return the mattress?

Hi davo32683,

While I’m not billynath1988 of course and hopefully they will see your post and add any additional comments that they wish to make but you can see their earlier comments in post #142 here.

Phoenix

Has anyone tried the in store Brooklyn Bedding Wall Street Mattress vs the online Best Mattress ever? We like the Wall Street it is more expensive because it is a hybrid with coils. If I can save money with the BME because it has a similar feel and firmness I would love to do that.

I know you can try this mattress in Phoenix by appointment only. It is very far away from where we live though and weekdays only which is difficult.

Thanks

Hi ckole,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own with a more descriptive title so your question won’t get buried in another topic that is only about the BestMattressEver.

I’m not familiar with the specifics of the Wall Street mattress but I’m guessing it is one of the mattresses that are sold at R&S mattress.

The support core of a mattress isn’t generally the weakest link of the mattress in terms of durability so the choice between an innerspring (or pocket coil) vs a polyfoam support core (assuming that the polyfoam is a good quality/density material that meets the quality/durability guidelines here which it does in the case of the BestMattressEver) would also be a preference and/or a budget choice rather than a “better/worse” choice.

Polyfoam is less resilient and responsive and somewhat “stiffer” and less “springy” or “bouncy” than an innerspring but it can also make a very good support system for those that are also a little more restricted in terms of their budget or for those that prefer how it feels over other types of support materials or components. Most of the “feel” of a mattress when you first lie on it comes from the upper layers but the type and firmness level of deeper support layers will also contribute to how a mattress feels as well especially when you move or “bounce” on the mattress and the mattress is compressed more deeply. They can also have a more significant effect on how well you sleep over the course of the night and how you feel when you wake up in the morning. There is more about the different types of innersprings (which includes pocket coils) in this article and in post #10 here.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge, service, and guidance of a particular business can certainly be helpful … I would generally avoid using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress, how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you, or how two different mattresses may compare and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

There are also no “standard” definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress as well (see post #15 here) so different people can also have very different opinions on how two mattresses compare in terms of firmness as well and some people may rate one mattress as being firmer than another and someone else may rate them the other way around. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science.

There is more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress but when you can’t test a mattress in person (or if you can and you are still uncertain) then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept well on and liked that they are familiar with, any special considerations you may have, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about helping you to “match” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else so that in combination with your own personal testing you can make the “best possible” choice with the highest chance of success.

Phoenix

Yes, it is one by R&S. For us it was a very comfortable bed. Price point is between $400-$500 more than the Best Mattress ever. I am leaning towards trying the BME and if we don’t like we know we like the other one. Since the BME is nearly 50% less that is attractive. You can try the BME mattress at the factory. However, it is by appointment only and only on weekdays until 3pm. That is a bit restrictive for us. Thanks for the feedback and I will certainly add a review for either bed we choose.

Hi ckole,

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding once you pull the trigger.

You certainly have some good quality/value options.

Phoenix

Can anyone comment as to whether the BME stays cool? I know their claim on the site says it doesn’t heat up but I’m interested to hear if anyone has a firsthand account.

Hi savesthedave,

Hopefully some of the members that have purchased it will see your post and share their feedback but I would also keep in mind that it’s not possible to quantify the sleeping temperature of a mattress for any particular person with any real accuracy because there are so many variables involved outside of just the foam in the comfort layers including the type of mattress protector and the sheets and bedding that you use (which in many cases can have just as significant an effect on temperature as the type of foam in a mattress) and on where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range and because there is no standardized testing for temperature regulation with different combinations of materials. In other words some people can sleep hot on a mattress that most people would be fine with.

Having said that … latex in general is the most breathable and “temperature neutral” of all the different types of foam materials (latex foam, polyfoam, and memory foam ) so it would be unusual that someone would sleep hot on a mattress that used latex comfort layers.

There is also more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here that can help you choose the types and combinations of materials and components that are most likely to keep you in a comfortable temperature range.

While “in theory” most people wouldn’t have any temperature regulation issues on the BestMattressEver … the only reliable way to know for certain whether you would have any temperature issues with any mattress would be based on your own personal experience and with a mattress that has a great return/refund policy there is little risk in finding out whether “theory” that would apply to most people would also apply to your own personal experience.

Phoenix

So after some research, I have decided to take the plunge and go with Brooklyn Bedding as my first foam/latex bed. Called the number on the site and talked to Mario, who answered a lot of questions for me. He helped me put in the order as well as pointed out the discount they are running on the site as well as the one that is on this site. He was very helpful and accommodating. I should receive my mattress by this Friday and hopefully will be back in a couple of weeks to give my first impressions of the mattress. Thanks for all the information in this forum.

Hi witness137,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I spent a month or so reading these forums before I finally decided to purchase a Brooklyn Bedding “Best Mattress Ever.” Like many I was nervous about buying a mattress online without first trying it out. I had previously purchased a a foam mattress from a large furniture store, but ended up returning it after a month of fitful sleep. The “best mattress ever” has been head and shoulders above the other mattress.

The latex is very responsive and firm (the way I ordered it), but does loosen up a bit after sleeping on it for a while. Shipping was relatively quick, arriving 5 days after I ordered. There are several other online only mattress retailers, but after reviewing their respective specs it seemed that Brooklyn Bedding had the highest quality materials as well as a thicker comfort layer. Since purchasing the mattress I’ve been able to stay asleep longer and wake up with less aches. I’ve had back problems for years and while this bed didn’t miraculously cure them, it has improved the situation. I have only been sleeping on my new mattress for a short time so perhaps my aches will fade even more over time.

I have over 100 days left in my risk free trial period, but first impressions have been very positive. I will update if anything changes.

Hi Malphas,

Congratulations on your new mattress and thanks for the update … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s good to hear that your mattress seems to be working out very well for you.

Phoenix

How long do I need to allow the mattress to expand before sleeping on it?

Hi davo32683,

You can see Mario from Brooklyn Bedding’s suggestions in post #60 here but you can sleep on it once it has had a chance to reach most of its final size which would normally be about an hour or so or even less.

Phoenix

After a couple weeks sleeping on the mattress I’m happy to report, still loving the mattress. Some of the things I noticed right away was the very little amount of movement from one person to another. Another bonus was that the mattress feels very cool throughout the entire night, I feel super comfortable sleeping on my side and notice that my arms are no longer falling asleep when tucked under my pillow. This has been a great experience thus far and I will continue to report back. Hopefully this helps some of you all looking for a good nights sleep. Also for those of you looking to move on from a tuft&needle mattress the Brooklyn bedding best mattress is a great choice it is definitely softer and more comfortable in my opinion.

Hi 1nightstan,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Malphas,

What firmness did you go with (low/med/high)?

Thanks

After much research and consideration we decided to go with a Leesa mattress. I will post up a review in a few weeks. If that doesn’t work we will just have to decided whether to go with the BME or the more traditional Wall Street. Thanks for everything your web site offers.