Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

So after some research, I have decided to take the plunge and go with Brooklyn Bedding as my first foam/latex bed. Called the number on the site and talked to Mario, who answered a lot of questions for me. He helped me put in the order as well as pointed out the discount they are running on the site as well as the one that is on this site. He was very helpful and accommodating. I should receive my mattress by this Friday and hopefully will be back in a couple of weeks to give my first impressions of the mattress. Thanks for all the information in this forum.

Hi witness137,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I spent a month or so reading these forums before I finally decided to purchase a Brooklyn Bedding “Best Mattress Ever.” Like many I was nervous about buying a mattress online without first trying it out. I had previously purchased a a foam mattress from a large furniture store, but ended up returning it after a month of fitful sleep. The “best mattress ever” has been head and shoulders above the other mattress.

The latex is very responsive and firm (the way I ordered it), but does loosen up a bit after sleeping on it for a while. Shipping was relatively quick, arriving 5 days after I ordered. There are several other online only mattress retailers, but after reviewing their respective specs it seemed that Brooklyn Bedding had the highest quality materials as well as a thicker comfort layer. Since purchasing the mattress I’ve been able to stay asleep longer and wake up with less aches. I’ve had back problems for years and while this bed didn’t miraculously cure them, it has improved the situation. I have only been sleeping on my new mattress for a short time so perhaps my aches will fade even more over time.

I have over 100 days left in my risk free trial period, but first impressions have been very positive. I will update if anything changes.

Hi Malphas,

Congratulations on your new mattress and thanks for the update … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s good to hear that your mattress seems to be working out very well for you.

Phoenix

How long do I need to allow the mattress to expand before sleeping on it?

Hi davo32683,

You can see Mario from Brooklyn Bedding’s suggestions in post #60 here but you can sleep on it once it has had a chance to reach most of its final size which would normally be about an hour or so or even less.

Phoenix

After a couple weeks sleeping on the mattress I’m happy to report, still loving the mattress. Some of the things I noticed right away was the very little amount of movement from one person to another. Another bonus was that the mattress feels very cool throughout the entire night, I feel super comfortable sleeping on my side and notice that my arms are no longer falling asleep when tucked under my pillow. This has been a great experience thus far and I will continue to report back. Hopefully this helps some of you all looking for a good nights sleep. Also for those of you looking to move on from a tuft&needle mattress the Brooklyn bedding best mattress is a great choice it is definitely softer and more comfortable in my opinion.

Hi 1nightstan,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Malphas,

What firmness did you go with (low/med/high)?

Thanks

After much research and consideration we decided to go with a Leesa mattress. I will post up a review in a few weeks. If that doesn’t work we will just have to decided whether to go with the BME or the more traditional Wall Street. Thanks for everything your web site offers.

Hi ckole,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and I hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Curious what firmness you purchased. Seems that I have read several comments about medium being soft and edges not being firm. Are soft edges going to be a given? If medium is soft , would firm be medium ?

Hi Mgj48,

These are very subjective questions and the only reliable answer to both of them would be “it depends”.

There are no “standard” definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress as well (see post #15 here) so different people can also have very different opinions on how two mattresses compare in terms of firmness as well and some people may rate one mattress as being firmer than another and someone else may rate them the other way around. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would include Brooklyn Bedding) who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept well on and liked that they are familiar with, any special considerations you may have, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about helping you to “match” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else so that in combination with your own personal testing you can make the “best possible” choice with the highest chance of success.

Most foam mattresses don’t have or really need edge support in most cases if the mattress is a suitable firmness level and a good match for the person sleeping on it in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and the support core is firm enough for their body type. There is more about edge support with foam mattresses (including latex) in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix

You are ,of course , correct . I freaked a bit when someone who weighed 125 lbs felt the BME is medium was too soft. We currently sleep on a queen Temperpedic Cloud Supreme which is a hair north of soft. I’m 225 wife 115 so we were thinking medium. Maybe I need to try and find a latex mattress in Corpus Christi before making a choice.

Hi Mgj48,

Memory foam and latex are very different materials with very different properties so it’s always a good idea to try some mattresses locally that use latex in the comfort layers to get a general sense of what latex feels like … even if the mattress itself would probably have a different design and combination of layers which means it would have a different “feel” and/or firmness level. There is also more about how latex and memory foam compare in post #2 here.

There is also some good information here about choosing a firmness level and if you are undecided then of course you can also talk with them directly but for most people the medium would probably have the highest odds of success.

Phoenix

Mario, this is good to hear as I’m in Nevada and you are a quick ppf (private plane flight) away. Your beds are high on my list and it’s nice that at least two or three of the companies that I like are within driving or a quick flight away. :slight_smile:

Mark

Hello mdgail1,

Feel free to come visit our facility, it is very impressive. I would be happy to give you a quick tour and allow you to test our #BestMattressEver. Just be sure to call ahead to schedule an appointment I will leave my contact information below in order for you to schedule.

Mgj48,

Phoenix is correct that it is all relative to each individual, this is also why most online mattresses stores offer a similar comfort policy to ours. The medium level in our mattress IMO has just the right amount of comfort from the plush top along with an extremely well built core foam.

Of course our online sales team would be happy to assist you as well if you have any questions. I am also available directly if you prefer.

Thank you,
Mario
Brooklyn Bedding

Thanks Mario. Will do.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks , I will give you a all.

Just ordered an Eastern King Medium! Mario was very helpful during the whole decision process, as was my girlfriend who convinced me to upgrade from a queen size ;). We’re coming from a mid range ~10 year old Serta innerspring, so I’m quite sure already this will be a great sleeping experience.

She wants a firm surface, and I want medium-ish, but we’re both side sleepers. We’ll see how it goes with the medium.

Great customer support so far, it takes Mario all of 5 minutes to respond via email.