Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Just purchased a size queen in Medium and the transaction couldn’t have gone smoother! The chat feature pops up right after you order so that you can speak with a representative. Very cool! Can’t wait for the mattress to arrive next week!

I just ordered a soft. Will post back in a few weeks with a review.

Hi bigbank,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to any comments and feedback you have the chance to share as well once you have the chance to sleep on it as well.

@ Optical Dream,

Thanks for the feedback about the ordering process and while I already said congratulations in the other topic it certainly can’t hurt to add another “congratulations on your new mattress” here as well now that you’ve pulled the trigger :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Well, I ordered the medium, california king. The ordering process was mostly easy. Chat pops up when you go to the website, and she convinced me that medium would be better than soft for us. I called the next day, so that I could get my 5% off, but had trouble getting anyone. And no one called back. So I emailed and then got a quick call back from Mario. He explained they just moved to a new warehouse and the phones were a bit of a mess, but he’d just gotten my message. After that, it was easy-peasy. I needed to delay delivery for a bit as we weren’t going to be home, and that was easily accomplished.
I’ll post with opinions on the mattress after we receive it, but I’m very happy with the service I have received so far!

Have never purchased a mattress before…guess it’s time to be a grownup. I think the BBBME is looking likely to be my first purchase. I’m super busy and do not have time to shop/haggle. My biggest question is: I’ve only ever slept on traditional spring mattresses. To my knowledge I’ve never slept on any of the foam or latex types. I am really curious how that will be. I have no idea what hardness level I want…but I’ve never thought about it and doubt I’m very picky. I guess that means medium.

Hi Le Misanthrope,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

One of the attractions of the new breed of “simplified choice” mattresses (see post #3 here) is that they don’t require a lot of time and effort to shop for those that don’t have the time or who don’t wish to test mattresses in local showrooms. Like most factory direct manufacturers or better retailers (locally or online) … there is also no haggling and they provide their best price every day of the year.

Brooklyn Bedding is also one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

[quote]My biggest question is: I’ve only ever slept on traditional spring mattresses. To my knowledge I’ve never slept on any of the foam or latex types. I am really curious how that will be. I have no idea what hardness level I want…but I’ve never thought about it and doubt I’m very picky. I guess that means medium. [/quote].

You can read a little more about latex comfort layers in this article. Latex is a very durable material that is very resilient and supportive compared to other types of foam and in softer versions is also very contouring (pressure relieving). Of course “feel” like taste is very subjective and the most reliable way to know what any material or type of mattress “feels like” to you would be based on your local testing or personal experience but the advantage of this group of mattresses is that they all have a great return policy so you can test it in your bedroom instead of a showroom and the only risk would be the time you spent trying it or in the worst case returning it.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses. The BestMattressEver certainly uses high quality and durable materials that would be suitable for any weight range and there are no “weak links” in the mattress and their mattress would certainly be a high quality/value choice.

There is also some good information about their firmness choices on their page here that can help you decide between their different firmness options and if you are still undecided then you can also select the “help me choose” option when you order and they will contact you to give you a firmness recommendation.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

My co-worker ordered one last week. There’s a “click to chat” button that pops up on the website. She clicked on it and asked them about firmness levels. Based on her body weight and her sleeping position (a side sleeper), they recommended the soft level for her. She’s about 5 feet 2 and 120 lbs if that info helps. Probably best to click and ask them for a recommendation before purchasing.

Hi Beekeeper
I could match your reasons for buying a bed almost identically. So I would have guessed you would buy a soft version which is what I’m now considering. So what in particular convinced you medium might be a better choice? I personally have some pressure point issues and am leaning towards soft at 205lbs. I’d be curious to know what they said to convince you otherwise. Only if you are interested in discussing of course.
And what do you think of the mattress overall?

Thanks

Hi B4Bob,

I’m not Beekeeper of course so they will hopefully see your post and reply to your questions more specifically but I can make some general comments about firmness choices.

There are no “standardized” definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that is firm for one can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress as well (see post #15 here).

In very general terms firmer materials will tend to feel softer to someone that is in a higher weight range than the same materials would feel for someone that is in a lighter weight range because the materials compress more easily with greater weight and pressure. Heavier body types will also tend to need firmer materials to prevent the heavier parts of the body from sinking in too much to provide good alignment as well. Sleeping positions can also make a difference in the firmness choice that is best for each individual person. If a mattress is too soft to provide good support/alignment for the person sleeping on it in all their sleeping positions then there would be a higher risk of alignment issues and the lower back pain or discomfort that can go with it.

This is also why I would also be very cautious about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable it may be for you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
I do fully understand your concerns in regards to basing my decisions on someone else’s opinions and assessments. I promise not to do that. I have read many of your replies discussing the very same and your opinion comes with great merit. It’s just rather uncanny that Beekeeper literally has the same scenario I am now dealing with: age of mattress, bought a topper ten years ago, nearly identical weights.
It’s the reason I asked for their opinion. I can hardly wait to open a box and have a great nights sleep.
I also sleep with a bipap(cpap) for sleep apnea so anything I can do to increase my comfort level is bound to enhance my chances of getting a better nights sleep.
That said I would have already bought a latex bed from Sleepez if it weren’t for the price even on sale. Don’t get me wrong I have no problem with paying full price for a quality product, it has just been a stretch forking over that money with a daughter in college, a twenty year old car etc. etc.
I’m thinking this Brooklyn bedding option has brought something within reach that effectively costs the same over time assuming the ten year warranty is about the lifespan of their mattress. I trust they are both quality products being listed here on your site.
Sorry to stray a bit from this thread but it’s just so you know why I’m here.
Regards, B4Bob

Hi B4Bob,

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terns of suitability, durability, and value compared to the other “finalists” you may be considering.

You can see the quality/durability guidelines I would suggest and some comments about how they relate to the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to different people in post #4 here so that you don’t have to take anyone’s word or read reviews or go by mattress warranties to assess the likely durability and useful life of a mattress. Even though a warranty doesn’t normally have anything to do with the durability or useful life of a mattress or when you may need to replace it (see post #174 here), In the case of Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver or any other mattress that meets or exceeds the minimum guidelines it would be very reasonable to expect a 10 year lifetime and in some cases or for some people some “bonus time” is also possible.

There is also some good information about their firmness choices on their page here that can help you decide between their different firmness options and if you are still undecided then you can also select the “help me choose” option when you order and they will contact you to give you a firmness recommendation. In many cases what a customer may “think they need” can be different from what they “really need”. If your circumstances, body type, and sleeping positions are very similar to Beekeeper I think that the odds are high that they would make the same firmness recommendation for you as well but I would talk to them in person to confirm this.

Phoenix

A webmaster of a mattress review site I stumbled upon got to visit Brooklyn Bedding’s new factory recently, He released a “tour” video that shows the #BestMattressEver mattress being made (at least partially).

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]sjlhSQthrL4[/video]

Not sure how you feel about me posting this, I just thought it was quite interesting.

Hi drm870,

I appreciate your posting the video and I completely agree that their new factory is really impressive.

I have a standing invitation to go and visit them (and a number of the other member factories as well) but unfortunately I haven’t had the time to visit any of them yet so it’s something that I’m looking forward to.

I think you may also see a “factory tour” video appear on their website at some point as well.

Phoenix

Hi, B4Bob,

When I chatted, before I bought my mattress, the gal suggested the medium because of our weights, saying that the medium is still soft, but has more support, which, I guess, makes sense. She also said that 98% of people are satisfied with the medium. So I asked about the other 2%, whether there was a majority opinion that the medium was too firm or too soft. She couldn’t give me a percentage, but did state that it was somewhat evenly split – some feeling the mattress was too soft and some feeling the opposite, that it was too firm. I figured we’re not too terribly picky – most beds we sleep on are fine. Truthfully, if I wasn’t getting so danged hot from the memory foam mattress pad – which otherwise I love – I probably wouldn’t be buying a new mattress yet. The husband is perfectly contented with what we have. I even considered just buying a latex topper, but when I removed our memory foam topper, it was obvious by the two prominent indentations in the old mattress that, really, I needed a new bed. And with such a great return policy, I couldn’t really go wrong. I’ll let you know my initial impressions after I get the mattress – at least how it feels as compared to what I had.

Just got my Brooklyn Bedding best mattress a few days ago and forgot to post. I took some photos of u boxing the mattress, I gotta say this whole process is pretty cool. I also watched the video above which now I can see how they fit it in the box. Anyway here is some photos. I will update on my current sleeping status in next few days.

Cheers
J.W.

After a lot of research, I ordered mine today (King Medium). Mario was very helpful and the ordering process was easy. Will post my review and feedback later on. Thanks Phoenix and the entire mattress underground community. Don’t forget the 5% coupon code. :slight_smile:

Hi oldsmobile72,

Thanks for the update and for the pictures as well … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi mingdizzle,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

howdy, would you mind letting us know how you like the mattress? i’m thinking of buying one myself after reading this site!
thank you!

Hello everybody,

I'm very Intrested in trying this mattress also I would love to hear some feedback if at possible.

Thanks, V