Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Hi canoodle1,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments once you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

I purchased the BB mattress and have been sleeping on it for about a week now and am satisfied with the mattress so far. I got the King size medium firmness and it might be a little to firm for my wife and I but we like a soft mattress. I am a hot sleeper and am happy to say that really hasn’t been an issue and I live in Miami. For the price I would say this is a great deal. My only con (and it really isn’t one) is that if you are looking for a luxury/high end mattress I don’t think this is it. I tried some latex mattress’ at a local high end store to make sure I would like it and those mattress seemed to be much more comfortable overall, but they where in the $3-8k range, so for $900 I think the BB mattress is a steal and am happy with my purchase.

Hi cassfitz,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update with your comments and feedback about your mattress … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Best mattress ever? We’ll see in a few days. One thing I can say for sure is it’s some of the best costumer service ever.

Like many here I’ve spent the better part of the last few days looking at all the resources I could find about latex mattresses. One name that kept popping up on the radar was Brooklyn Bedding. I got around to looking at there site and started a quick support chat with Mario. He was able to answer most of the easy questions. When it came to the harder ones about the correct firmness level for two very finicky sleepers I decided it would be better to call. I called and actually had the call answered by Mario. Try doing that with any online retailer and you’ll end up speaking to someone else guaranteed. He was able to answer my questions and alleviate my concerns in under a ten minute phone call. I feel confident in this purchase being the correct one for my wife and I.

Now back to that guaranteed word. This mattress is truly that. I’ve yet to come across another mattress wholesaler that has the assurance of the free return policy that Brooklyn Bedding does. The 120 day free return policy is more then generous. To me it says a lot about the company being confident of it’s product. I’m also confident, after Mario’s great info, that I’ll never have to use the policy. The fact that it’s there though is why I choose Brooklyn Bedding,

I’m looking forward to the arrival of the mattress and being able to update this review to help others in making purchases. Now, does anyone have a good wholesaler for king size sheets? lol

Getting ready to pull the trigger on the Brooklyn Bedding BestMattressEver for my 2-year old daughter. I am wondering what firmness I should choose. I am torn between firm and medium. I know that for supporting her growing body the firm is probably a better choice at her age now, but I also want her to be able to use this mattress for years to come and I know at some point she will need/want the extra cushion the medium will provide. So not sure which direction is the best for my daughter.

Hi theesotericone,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

While I don’t have any specific suggestions … there is more information about choosing sheets in post #7 here and the other posts and sources of information it links to that should be helpful.

Phoenix

Hi tbizzle,

When you can’t test a mattress in person or you are uncertain then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed chat or phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer (which would include Brooklyn Bedding) that has your best interests at heart. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different age ranges than anyone else.

Having said that … unless there is a compelling reason to choose otherwise I would probably lean towards the medium.

Phoenix

Hello all just wanted to say thank you for all the posts on Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever as well as all of the other information on this site to let me learn about the different layers, materials etc. It really helped me hone in on wanting a Latex Mattress and it seems for the price and materials Brooklyn Bedding is hard to beat.

I also wanted to say that the sales process was a very smooth and inviting process. I spoke to Mario who assured me that if there were any problems including any sizing issues etc that the warranty would cover that on top of the comfort guarantee. Being a weekend I was also kind of shocked that I was able to reach anybody so I have to say that so far the customer service was excellent.

We had spent the last week or so researching and hitting local places which were either far overpriced IMO or if we went to a cheaper place we always got an attitude so we decided to try the online route after thinking it over for a bit. Mario already made us feel more at ease as he was extremely helpful and assuring plus I could tell from the Amazon reviews and more-so everybody here that the warranty is legit which also gave me confidence.

We bought the King Medium and I am really excited to sleep on it ( especially being that this is the first time we have ever bought a mattress based solely on research ). I do have some lower back pain and our old mattress is worn out big time so this should be a nice change. Plus with the Labor Day Sale we got the normal 5% off plus 2 pillows and Mario threw in some free sheets as well. Ill post a review on here once I get it and sleep on it for a bit but again thanks all you guys for all of the info here and thanks Mario for being so polite and customer service oriented.

Hi ROSCOpCOLTRANE,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know from your reading here you certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m also looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it.

Phoenix

I lurked on this site quite a bit in my research phase, so want to provide my feedback about the Brooklyn Bedding experience. Apologies for the length but for those who are where I was a few months ago, surfing endlessly online, I hope it helps your decision process.

I’m a middle aged female small boned 125 lb side sleeper with a few aches/pains here and there who had cobbled together a very comfortable soft latex mattress by adding foam and featherbed toppers to my previous Stearns & Foster mattress, which was billed as plush. After 10 years of being a satisified latex bed user, I needed to change sizes, knew I would stay with latex but was surprised that latex mattresses had vanished from mainstream bedding stores. Once I discovered Tempurpedic now owns Sealy (which also makes S&F) it made more sense, why would they keep selling the competition?! The choice quickly became clear: specialty store or online. Specialty store prices were so high that I decided online was the best option even though I worried about not being able to test anything in person.

I then narrowed my choices online to Sleep-EZ or Brooklyn Bedding. I found the customer service at Sleep-EZ very disappointing, in fact that cost them the sale for me. I never spoke to whoever the owner is that people seem to love and the guy who answered my calls didn’t offer any personalized guidance other than to say that I should get a medium combination because ‘we know best what most people need’ which isn’t much help really. He also insisted I should buy a split style although I’m the only one sleeping in the bed. After that, focusing on BB I liked the option of getting a preassembled soft /firm/medium choice. The comfort and return guarantee was excellent too. Final tipping point was price, as the BME cost literally a quarter of what my previous latex mattress cost and much, much less than an all-latex model from a specialty store would have.

Have slept on my soft queen size for a month now and I LOVE IT! Even coming from latex already, I am sleeping a lot longer and waking up feeling so good. I notice there aren’t many reviews from people who chose the soft option. I would say that if you are a side sleeper, and know you like a very cushioned effect with support beneath, this is the one for you. I suspect people worry that soft won’t be supportive and such is definitely not the case with this bed. You feel the cloud-like effect of the top latex layers but the core foam is definitely there to provide a good solid base. I actually am finding that I settle into a comfortable sleeping position much more easily and as mentioned am experiencing extended sleep time which is wonderful. If you are on the fence but like soft, try that level from BB and you will probably be very happy.

Since nothing is perfect, I will add that the edges are indeed pretty lacking in support. It’s not a problem for me but if I was sleeping with someone else and needed to have the full width of the bed usable, it might be an issue. As it is, I just sleep a bit closer to the middle of the mattress. My only other tiny quibble is I never got offered or received one of those free pillows and it seems to be somewhat of a random some-do-some-don’t customer perk. Overall though, I love my new mattress and am very satisfied with the purchase and the product.

Hi Pennywise,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it.

It sounds like the choice you made worked out really well for you … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you to everyone who comments on this site. I’ve been lurking for months, but finally decided to “pull the trigger” . Looks like we’re ordering a BB Best Mattress ever, queen, medium.

Will happily post opinions after we’ve tried it for a while. Thanks, Phoenix for this amazing site and the information.

-Brett (Cleveland, OH)

Quick update: Sales process was ridiculously easy. Online chat with Keaton who answered by questions quickly and competently. Then quick and easy process for ordering on the website. As a thank you, in addition to the Labor Day discount, they’re throwing in free sheets! Not a bad way to start a customer relationship! Keep it up Brooklyn Bedding.

Hi brett412,

I’m glad the site could help you … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

You should be happy with the mattress. We have been using the King Medium for a few weeks now and have no complaints. This was our first memory foam mattress and have nothing to compare it to except the back pains that we woke up with every morning are slowly abating. Hope this bit of info helps.

Hi ronfla,

Thanks for the update … I appreciate it.

Just for reference and for the sake of others that read this … The BestMattressEver is a latex/polyfoam hybrid and not a memory foam mattress (memory foam is very different from latex).

Phoenix

I’ve been subscribed to this thread for a few weeks. I saw yesterday that ROSCOpCOLTRANE posted about getting 2 free pillows with his mattress purchase because of the Labor Day sale. This tipped me over the edge and I decided to place an order.

I went with the firm (queen). I look forward to receiving it and will definitely post a review on here after I’ve spent some time sleeping on it.

Hi savesthedave,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice (even without the pilows) and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Just ordered my King/Medium Brooklyn Bedding last night. Wonder how many other people order later in the evening, as the dread sets in before heading to bed on their current mattress.

Definitely could not find a mattress with so much latex in the top layers at this price. Thanks to everyone who posts impressions on this forum as they helped the decision making process. Hoping it strikes balance between comfort, sleeping cool (I’m in Phoenix) and the ‘bounce’ that as a single active adult is often needed at night.

The BB website is incredibly easy to order from, those on the fence note that as of last night 9/8, the labor day sale w/ 2 free pillows + 5% off is still on-going (looks like it’s still as of 9/9 as well). I look forward to receiving the mattress and sharing my impressions after a few nights sleep.

Hi brimagick,

Probably a lot … along with the morning when some people wake up and say to themselves “that’s it … not one more night on this mattress”!

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback as well when you receive it.

Phoenix

I have read this forum and all the great info as a guest for quite a while now and thought I would contribute as everyone else’s experience has helped immensely. The mattress buying guide and suggestions of what materials to look for had me finally deciding between Brooklyn Bedding The Best Bed Ever and the Nest Love Bed.

Truthfully, comparing them they both look like quality mattresses at very similar price points. For me, I have decided to go with the Brooklyn Bedding and just ordered the CA King in medium firmness. The website is very informative and yet sleek which after looking at way too many mattress websites online was appreciated. I decided to web chat instead of calling as it seemed easier. Keaton was very helpful with choosing the firmness based on my wife and I body configuration and also made sure I had the correct sale chosen for labor day to receive 5% off with (2) free pillows!

I will try and review how the mattress is after a few weeks as even though you shouldn’t base your decision off of others, it is always comforting to hear an opinion.