Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

We love our Leesa mattress and are not going to return it. It took a while to get used to being on a foam mattress vs inner spring but now we love it. I find sleeping on my back much easier as well. So to each his own but for us the Leesa has worked great.

Hi ckole,

Thanks for the update … and it’s good to hear that you are happy with the choice you made and that it worked out well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Just got my Best mattress ever from Brooklyn bedding. Anyone know how I can get some pillows I heard they were awesome!
Thx.

Hi tony63,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile: You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

This page should help.

Phoenix

I bought a king size Brooklyn Bedding total latex in August 2013. It has become so uncomfortable that I am now looking for a replacement. Both my wife and I have very large divots where we sleep. They are large enough to actually see.

Is there any indication that the BME is of better quality than their previous offerings?

Hi ornerdrew,

I switched your post to a new topic of it’s own since it was about a different mattress from the topic you originally posted in.

Latex in general is the most durable of all the foam materials and generally holds up very well for a very long period of time but there are several possibilities that can account for your experience that are listed in post #4 here.

Assuming that you have ruled out any of the other possibilities it’s certainly possible that one of the layers in your mattress is defective in which case I would call Brooklyn Bedding so they can provide you with some suggestions or initiate a warranty claim.

Your mattress is also a component mattress which allows you to just change the top layer of the mattress (which is the layer that is most likely to soften or break down) without needing to replace the whole mattress and even if your own needs and preferences have changed or if you chose a firmness level that was “on the edge” of being too soft when it was new so that even a small amount of foam softening put you outside the comfort and support range that is suitable for you (see post #2 here) then you can also change the firmness of the mattress just by replacing the top layer.

The Total Latex Mattress uses high quality and durable materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would normally compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress (although I do understand that it would be easy to believe otherwise given your experience).

There is more information about the BestMattressEver along with some of the other simplified choice mattresses in post #2 here in the simplified choice topic. It also uses high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that would compromise the durability or useful life of this mattress either. A forum search on BestMattressEver or an exact phrase site search on Best Mattress Ever (you can just click the links) will also bring up hundreds of forum posts and comments that mention it as well.

My first and “best” suggestion would be to talk with Brooklyn Bedding about your experience so they can make some suggestions that can help you resolve the issues you are having with your mattress.

Phoenix

Stumbled upon this thread and some on YouTube on the BB mattress, I’m highly considering over an IKEA latex I’ve tried in store and found to be very good for my body type.

Just wondering how can buy this mattress in Toronto?

Amazon.ca has the mattress being sold and shipped by Dreamfoam Bedding but it’s located in the US and I’m not willing to deal with brokerage fees and customs if there are any.

I have been reading reviews on BB and am in the process of ordering my King-sized bed now!! I went online and Mario picked up the chat almost immediately and has been EXTREMELY helpful and even offered a free latex pillow with my purchase. I am SUPER pumped about my new mattress and VERY impressed with the customer service I’ve received so far!!

Hi Nemix,

Brooklyn Bedding ships their mattress to Canada for an additional shipping charge (see their Q&A page here under “Do you ship to Canada?”) which includes all the costs involved to deliver the mattress right to your door.

Phoenix

Hi cmorren,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

As always I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix thanks for the reply,

Brooklyn Bedding ships through UPS to Canada which the worst way to ship to Canada from the US, the conversion price for the mattress alone from US to Canadian dollars is already the same as buying through Dreamfoam Bedding on Amazon.ca plus shipping charge (somewhere between $100-$150) and then UPS is going to charge at least $150+ for brokerage and custom fees; which in turn means I’d paying for shipping plus an estimated of $150+ on brokerage and custom fees on top of the Amazon.ca price.

Hi Nemix,

The shipping cost that Brooklyn Bedding charges includes brokerage charges and there is no duty so it would include all the costs to be delivered to your door (I confirmed this with Brooklyn Bedding). Of course you would also need to pay the currency conversion (which unfortunately at the moment doesn’t favor Canadians).

I’m not sure of all the costs that would be involved in you order from Dreamfoam through Amazon Canada but you could call Dreamfoam to find out the specifics and what the total cost would end up being so you could compare the total cost from Dreamfoam with ordering from Brooklyn Bedding.

Phoenix

I wanted to say a really big thank you to the Mattress Underground! We were about to buy a Sealy Posturepedic Hybid bed for $$$ when I decided to do a little more research. I came across the Underground and read (and read) about choosing a mattress. Who knew! I learned a whole lot.

Long story short we ordered a Best Mattress Ever from Brooklyn Bedding on Monday Oct. 26 (last week) and it arrived in Wisconsin Friday morning. The purchase experience was easy as it could be. I asked several questions via their simple (and fast) chat window before placing the order. Then it was on it’s way - I ordered a Cal-King Medium firmness Breast Cancer edition (they make a donation if you do!!!).

So far the experience just couldn’t have been better. My husband settled into it from the second night night. Not the first night only because we put a Lucid mattress protector on it and our pillows. It was way too firm and I got overheated a couple of times. Then I realized my pillow was also much more firm and kind of ballooning - the protector! So, the next morning we unzipped it, pulled it back, and then we rolled on the unprotected half to the protected one and back again. What a huge difference we felt! So, it came off and went back to Amazon (thank you Amazon Prime).

I am still getting used to the different feel of it (never slept on latex before) and hoping it has a slightly less firm feel as it “breaks in” - yes, I read about that too here in TMU. I’m confident enough about this mattress that I already have recommended it to a couple of friends who were looking at the same model of Sealy we were!

I do know for certain the customer care is excellent. And, most importantly, I have much less hip/back pain when I get up in the morning - and that’s just after sleeping on it four nights (including the one with the protector) - amazing!

So thank you for all the information on The Mattress Underground and to Brooklyn Bedding for making the Best Mattress Ever!

Hi TanchoGirl,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and for your initial comments and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to any additional updates you have the chance to share.

Phoenix

I’ve been reading the site for about a month while looking for a new mattress and this is my first time posting. I decided on the BME and just wanted to comment on our experience so far with it. My wife and I have been sleeping on a pillow top Dynasty memory foam mattress that I had ordered from Amazon for the last three years. Before that we had a S&F pillow top innerspring which we loved for many years before it began to sag.

The Dynasty mattress was our first memory foam mattress and while it was nice we both woke up with lower back pain every morning. Even with all of the information on this site, I’m still not sure if it was too soft or just didn’t have enough support so I still didn’t know what to look for when buying a new mattress. To me, I did enjoy the sinking in feeling of a memory foam mattress, but I didn’t care for the initial hardness of first getting on to the mattress. I now understand the quicksand like nature of memory foam. If you jump onto it, it is quite hard, but if you lay down, you begin to kind of melt into it.

Since I didn’t really know if my old mattress was too hard, too soft, or was just not made of quality materials, I didn’t know what I wanted out of a memory foam mattress which brought me to latex. I read a lot of good things about latex which helped me make a decision to try the #BME.

My wife and I have been sleeping on a King #BME medium firmness for about two weeks now. I wanted to give it some time before giving my opinion. When we received it, it came like any other rolled up mattress where you open it up and wait for it to regain its shape. It didn’t take very long at all to get to its full size and we were ready to give it our first nights sleep. From the very first night we have both woken up without any lower back pain at all. This tells me that we are both getting the support that we need from a mattress.

However, it was a little more firm than I would have liked. My wife was fine with it from the first night though. I am 5’10" 225 and she is 5’2" 180. I knew that it would take a little while for it to soften up some and it has within the last two weeks. Coming from a memory foam mattress though, I would like to have a little more plush or sinking in feeling, but I am still adjusting to the new mattress. Even though I am still trying to get used to the different feeling going from memory to latex I can say that this is a very good quality mattress. It’s hard to really find what you want and what you need. Waking up without back pain tells me that this is what I need even though I want that sinking feeling.

Can I find that in another mattress? I don’t know, but with a bunch of options from this site and the great money back guarantee from Brooklyn Bedding and other online companies like it I feel like I can find out. I’m going to keep the mattress and continue to see if it is something that I really love, but if I do decide to try other mattresses and do not find anything better. I know that I could come back to BB and be happy. It really is a good mattress.

I think the thing that I like about latex is that it does have a little bit of bounce like a traditional innerspring mattress, but it also has a quality where your partners movements don’t transfer to you like a memory foam mattress. So you get the easy movement, but you aren’t bothered really by your partners movements. it does feel like I am sleeping on top of it, where the memory foam felt like I was sleeping in it so I understand that the transition will take a little longer for me personally.

We did get a free latex pillow with it and I like it a lot for propping my head up to watch tv, but right now I like my old memory foam pillow for sleeping as I am more of a stomach and side sleeper. I feel like the pillow is a little too overstuffed so I am interested to try one from Nest bedding that you can remove some of the stuffing, but that is for another topic.

Hi Saints,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback in such detail … I appreciate it.

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Your comments are fairly typical of people who are switching from memory foam to latex since they are very different materials with different properties and as you mentioned with memory foam you sleep more “in” the mattress and with latex you sleep more “on” the mattress and latex is also a much more resilient material than memory foam as well.

Based on your comments … it sounds like you are sleeping “symptom free” which is great news because posture and alignment along with pressure relief are the two basic “needs” in a mattress and the more subjective “feel” of a mattress is more of a preference which is much less important when it comes to the quality of your sleep (you can’t “feel” a mattress when you are sleeping) although of course it’s always nice to have both. I would also guess that your previous memory foam mattress was probably too soft for you (the most common reason for lower back pain is a mattress that is too soft).

Thanks again for your comments and I’m looking forward to any additional updates you have the chance to share.

Phoenix

I am ordering the #bestmattressever right now, and I have to say I am pretty excited. Their customer service through their chat is awesome. I was able to get advice about what firmness would work best for us, and they are even sending out a free pillow. Can’t wait to get my new mattress! This is (ashamed to say it) my first mattress I’ve ever purchased at 31 years old, and I have been sleeping on a hand me down mattress that is nearly as old as me!

Hi dohertym1,

Congratulations on your “first” new mattress :slight_smile:

As you probably know from your reading here you made a great quality/value choice and I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

My husband and I have done A LOT of research to find the best affordable mattress out there - both online and in local stores. We have decided on the #bestmattressever and I am ordering it right now. If the reviews weren’t enough for us, the customer service sealed the deal - fast response on questions via email, great speaking with them over the phone this morning, and they are even going to throw in free pillows for us!

I will reply with a review of the mattress after we receive it, but if it’s anything like what other users have said, we are sure we’ll love it.

Hi kzolling,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Like the many other members that have purchased it I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m also looking forward to your comments once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix