Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

I just talked to Mario at BB and with his help I placed an order for my BME. Thanks Phoenix for this forum, your resources, and the people who take the time to post. I’m a research freak and after going to a local big box store and learning a mattress would cost me 2-3k I knew there had to be a better and cheaper option and thanks to this site I feel really confident in my purchasing decision that will provide me years of value.

For those deciding on buying a mattress online sight unseen, the kicker for me was the BME 120 day return policy so if I don’t like the bed I can return it. Hopefully I won’t though and hopefully it lasts for several years!

Hi aspire and PeteInNH,

Congratulations to both of you on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

As you know you both made great quality/value choices and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you received them and have had the chance to sleep on them for a bit.

The BBE uses very high quality and durable materials (2 lb polyfoam and two layers of latex) so durability certainly won’t be an issue.

Phoenix

We have been using our king medium mattress for a little over a month now and I am very pleased. My husband is concerned it is too soft for him, but on the other hand, said he doesn’t wake up hurting. My only (minor) complaint is the motion transfer, there was none with the Tuft and Needle mattress but this one is more like our inner spring, which was not a surprise, I just had no idea mattresses without motion transfer existed and I think I was spoiled for the month we used the T&N mattress.

Due to a shipping mix up, the #bestpillowever arrived after the mattress, and I love the pillow. I have fewer backaches when using it, and will purchase another in the next month or so for my husband. I can’t recommend the pillow enough.

Hi all,

We’ve been sleeping on our BME medium queen for about a month, and I can honestly say that I’ve been very impressed by the service, easy setup, absolute lack of any kind of chemical smell, and quality of the mattress. Overall very happy in that regard.

On the other hand, I’m beginning to think that the medium may be a tad too soft for us. I tend to have small amounts of back pain after waking up a couple of nights a week, and in general feel like my neck angle is very steep as I sink into the mattress. I sleep with a buckwheat hull pillow and have to flatten it out quite a bit to get comfortable.

Has anyone tried both the medium and firm of this mattress that can comment just how much more firm the latter is? I’m hesitant to try an exchange if we’re then stuck with a firm mattress that we don’t like. Decisions decisions!

I can say the firm is pretty firm. In comparing the BME Firm vs Nest Love Bed Firm, BME is definitely firmer. I’m trying to figure out an option to soften up my BME to something in between a firm and a medium.

I’ve only had my mattress for a week so far now, so I’ll still need to wait for it to “break in” fully.

Hi vrenlos,

There is more about the most common symptoms that people may experience when they sleep on a mattress and the most likely (although not the only) reasons for them in post #2 here.

It may also be a good idea to check the support system under your mattress to make sure that it is perfectly flat and doesn’t flex or bend under the weight of your mattress and the people sleeping on it. You can check this by putting your mattress on the floor to see if it makes any difference (a suitable support system should have very little to no flex and would be very similar to the floor).

It’s also possible that you could have a pillow issue rather than a mattress issue and it’s not uncommon that a new mattress will also need a new pillow with a different thickness to keep your head and neck in good alignment.

Phoenix

Debating between the BME and the Leesa. Coming from a 10 year old Select Comfort 7000 series dual air cell with a foam/down topper. Keep the sleep number setting in the 30’s-40’s. I’m 6’0" 200 lbs, stomach/side sleeper. Wife is 5’6" 130 lbs stomach/side sleeper.

Any suggestions between the two mattresses or even other options. If BME then which firmness?

We tried options in the store. I seemed to like the Tempur Cloud Luxe Breeze a fair amount in store, but not really sure if it would have been good for a longer trial. Also didn’t like that price tag.

Hi AdamRB,

There is more about what I call “simplified choice” mattresses in general in post #1 here and there is more specific information about the BestMattressEver and Leesa in post #2 here in the same topic.

As you can see the BME uses higher quality and more durable materials and the 2" of 3 lb memory foam in the Leesa is lower quality/density than the guidelines I would normally suggest and could be a weak link in the mattress.

The medium would cover the largest part of the bell curve that would be suitable for the largest percentage of people and would be the most common choice but when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix

This is a follow-on review of our BME purchased last fall. We are quite pleased with this mattress to-date and have found it comfortable, supportive and well made. Our BME is the “medium” firmness which is a good match for our weights and preferences. I will note that because of my own personal unique circulatory issues and an ongoing nerve thing, that I had to add a 2" memory foam topper to my side to deal with some minor pressure point challenges. This is not the mattresses’ fault…it’s my body.

I will note that we were gifted with a pair of free BB pillows and are thankful for them. While they are way, way too thick for actual sleeping, they are helpful for positioning while reading, etc.

I’d like to share my experience with this company because I feel that when it’s done right, people should know! We were caught in the Sleepy’s mattress cycle (buy new, it sags, get warranty but still shell out more for new mattress)… it was frustrating because all I wanted was to sleep well! Recently we sold our house and moved to an apartment and decided to get a new mattress for the move. A friend of mine recommended Brooklyn Bedding (said his wife did a ton of research and this was the one she chose) - so I investigated and we decided to go with it. One of the selling points was the boxing and delivery - that it could come straight to my door in a box that we could manage ourselves! After it arrived I realized that I ordered the wrong size (California King instead of King). The company was so very responsive, returned my calls, sent me email follow-ups and sent out a new mattress as soon as the prior one was picked up by FedEx (not received by them, but merely picked up)! Due to my error, we spend a week sleeping on the floor. Their willingness to be flexible allowed us to not have to spend many more weeks sleeping on the floor! It has been ~4 months since we received the mattress and it is great! We opted for the firm because of all the sagging we’ve experienced. Since this mattress, I don’t have the lower back or hip pains that I used to wake up with. I sleep well and very comfortably. It also isn’t hot like the other mattresses - we used to feel the heat trapped in the bed. I have one of BBs pillows also and I love it (you can’t blame a pillow for moving on you at night as you toss and turn, but that’s my complaint!) I really have to give this company a lot of credit for their innovation, customer service and quality product. You should really try them out!

I bought the medium bed from Brooklyn Bedding and I am quite happy with it. Very soft but also supportive. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Hi L_danridge,

Thanks for sharing your comments and feedback in such great detail … I appreciate it.

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It’s also great to hear about how responsive they were to ordering the wrong size and that your choice turned out so well for you!

Phoenix

Hi IlovemysleepPaul,

Thanks for sharing your comments … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We’ve had the Best Mattress Ever for almost four months now and are really happy with the purchase. I prefer a softer mattress and my husband prefers something more firm, so we went with the medium as a compromise and are both satisfied. We did a ton of research (we wanted to go with the direct from manufacturer-online route) and decided on this one for various reasons, including the overall positive reviews. The mattress is really comfortable with a little give, but you still feel really supported. Up until this purchase, I have only ever had coil mattresses, so this was a big change, but overall a very positive one. Usually by four months in, you can feel a groove of where you sleep and there is none of that with this mattress. I’d definitely recommend it.

Just got an email from Brooklyn Bedding asking me to leave a review and in return I’d get a free set of sheets. Just wanted to have that full disclosure. But it was a no brainer as I’m super happy with the mattress. I had a relatively new murphy bed unit and had a pretty high end futon. It kept sagging when the unit was folded up, got lumpy, and really started to suck all around, After doing my due, I settled on BB about four months ago. Delivery was spot on, and that first night it was literally a dream to sleep on. No sagging while folded up, no regrets whatsoever. And as coincidence would have it, I just recommended my sister’s family get several as they purchased a new apartment and are buying all new beds.

It’s legit. :slight_smile:

Got the medium firmness #BestMattressEver about 4 months back and it is easily the best mattress I have ever owned. It arrived earlier than expected, was easy to setup by myself and had no initial odors,

After a ton of research looking for an affordable pillow-top memory foam mattress with good bounce, I landed on Brooklyn Bedding with it’s 4 inches of latex comfort layers.

I love this mattress. Literally the best sleep I have ever had.

In full disclosure, received an email from Brooklyn Bedding asking me to leave a review and in return I’d get a free set of sheets. Mattress has been great so far. No sagging and very comfortable. Has the benefit of both an innerspring through the latex bounce and foam through the comfort. Only con is that it is not quite 60x80 and about an inch or so smaller in each direction.

Well after reading so much info on this site, I think that I have decided on the Brooklyn Bedding BME. Im just a little hesitant to pull the trigger as ive only ever slept on a spring mattress before. I’m just wondering if I can find somewhere to at least lay on a latex mattress to get a feel for it. I know it may not be the same, but any idea of the feel would be helpful. I know if I screw this up my wife will kill me lol. Thanks

Hi G8rh8r,

They have a trial period with a great return/refund policy so if for any reason you or your wife don’t like it you can just return it.

There are also hundreds of different latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex with different layer thicknesses and firmnesses and that have different covers and quilting that can all be very different from each other so it’s unlikely that a local mattress you test will be the same as the BB BestMattressEver but some local testing on a range of different latex mattresses can at least give you a better sense of the overall “feel” of latex and would be a good idea.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

Thanks phoenix. I’m in 23061. There is a ton of info on your site. Great job and thanks again!