Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Hi Vicky123,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback as well once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I like my BB mattress. I don’t know if I’m the best one to review because I don’t think I’m very picky…I can fall asleep on a rock and a sage bush in the desert and get a decent night’s sleep. But I think this mattress is comfy. I am a very hot-blooded person…I throw all the sheets off in the night and keep the heat in the low 50’s in the winter time. I have not noticed that I sleep particularly hot on this mattress. I got the medium, it does feel a little soft. I may just be sinking in more than I’m used to with traditional spring mattresses. Regardless, I wish I could compare it to the firm, as I suspect I may like the firm mattress better.
I have had no back or neck discomfort since sleeping on this mattress for the past couple of weeks. My only real complaint is the edges…I like to sit on the edge of my bed sometimes, and this mattress just collapses under me. I’m only 170 pounds, but I’d like some more edge support.
I hope this isn’t considered inappropriate on this forum, but relevant and very important to me and perhaps some other folks: I was curious how rigorous activities would be on this mattress. It supports us well and gives just enough with vigorous movements, so I guess it works just fine. No issues there, except for when bent over the edge of the bed or kneeling on the edge, as stated above. So the soft edge remains the only complaint I have about the mattress.
All in all I’m happy with it. This is my first non-traditional spring mattress so it’s a little different, and I think I may still prefer traditional spring mattress, but order and delivery and setup was SO easy that it was totally worth it. I ordered on the weekend and the box arrived at my doorstep on a Tuesday. Pretty awesome.

Does anybody know what the free gift is they send in reward for posting a picture of the mattress on social media? I feel kinda weird about posing with my bed on facebook/twitter…

Hi Le Misanthrope,

I didn’t know they were offering a gift and I also don’t know what it is but I’m sure they would let you know with a quick phone call.

Phoenix

Been looking around for quite a while this mattress has gotten some good reviews but I plan on testing one myself, reviews can be very subjective. Heard that members get some type of discount? Is that true if so how do I go about that?

Thanks for the help.

Hi sjramos,

I completely agree with you that reviews can be very subjective and I would also be very cautious about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

Having said that … the Brooklyn Bedding is one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. The BestMattressEver also uses higher quality and more durable materials than most of the other “simplified choice” online mattresses (see post #2 in this topic) and if one of their firmness choice is also a good match for you in terms of PPP (which would be very likely) then it would certainly make a great quality/value choice … and with their return policy there is little to no risk in trying it.

Your membership here entitles you to a 5% discount on the mattress and you can use the discount code “underground” when you order it.

Assuming that you decide to pull the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Our 16 y/o daughter (5-7, 130 lbs) will be sleeping on her newly delivered #BestMattressEver (medium) tonight. Set-up was as easy as placing the rolled and vacuum-sealed mattress on the slats of her IKEA daybed. The mattress unrolled and expanded instantly upon removal of the plastic, and no odor at all was detected. Compared to our current firm innerspring mattresses, it is very plush and conforming. Thanks to this site, I felt comfortable with the specs of this mattress (latex layers and 2.0 lb density polyfoam). Saved a few bucks with the MU discount and she got a free shredded latex pillow to boot!

This mattress will certainly get a test as it is summer break and a late-sleeping teen will be snoozing on it quite often. The 120 night trial will give us breathing room to see how it works out for her.

Hi millpool,

Thanks for the update … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to any additional comments and updates you have a chance to share once your daughter has had a chance to “sleep in” on it over the next few weeks.

Phoenix

Hey, just wanted to stop back and say thank you for all the information. This site was extremely helpful in my decision to purchase from Brooklyn Bedding, I will try and get back in a few days/weeks to give an update on my experience which may be of some help to others. Although I still do feel reviews are subjective to ones individual opinion I found it helpful to hear others experiences with this company which in the end really helped me make my decision to actually buy. Not to discredit the administrator of this sit since his/her information was also very helpful. Thanks again!

I got my king bestmatressever about 3 hours ago and have let it expand for over 2 hours. Its very comfortable but I have a issue with the size. I measures it in several places along the bottom and the width is about 73 3/4". Noticeably smaller than my 76" foundation. 76" is what a king should be. It looks bad on my bed. Their website states a -+1 1/2" variation in size.

Has anyone one else had sizing issues? Do I have a valid complaint on this or is this within a justified limit to be considered a king size?

Hi Bsmitty,

There are some comments about sizing variances in post #2 here.

It’s not unusual that a compressed mattress can take up to 72 hours to regain it’s full size so I would wait a little longer but if you have followed the suggestions in the post I linked and if for some reason your mattress is still out of spec then I would call Mario at Brooklyn Bedding (either at their main number 888.210.8751 or his number 480.323.8831) to let him know and he will be happy to help you.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! I will give it some time to see if it expands more over time.

Just got the frame this weekend love the bed it is everything we hoped it would be. Shot a quick video of the setup that I will upload in a little bit, my husband was pretty impressed with how this all worked. You can tell by his reaction he likes the mattress too.

Hi vickie123,

Thanks for sharing an update and your comments … I appreciate it.

It’s great to hear that your choice turned out well for both of you :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your video as well.

Phoenix

Got the new Brooklyn Bed, it arrived much sooner than expected got home this afternoon and it was sitting by my gate. Really pleased it arrived so quickly, honestly I thought it would take longer but I am definitely not disappointed. Letting it expand now everything looks to be going great, it was super easy to setup… I’m pretty eager to sleep on it tonight, any ideas if I am able to sleep on it or is there a certain amount of time I should wait? Any reply would be appreciated, I know its late but I’m pretty excited to get off my old terrible mattress and get what I hope is a good nights rest.

Thanks.

Hi sjramos,

It will only take a few minutes to expand most of the way and while it may still expand very slightly over the first few days it will be fine to sleep on tonight.

Phoenix

Hello sjramos,

Thank you for your order I greatly appreciate it! You are welcome to sleep on the mattress the same night just be sure to give it enough time to expand, in most cases the mattress is good to go after about 20 minutes to an hour. Keep in mind that the mattress may continue to get more firm over the course of 24 hours as the mattress continues to expand but you would not cause any harm by sleeping on it this evening. I am also glad to hear that you were surprised to see that the mattress had arrive to you so quickly. In many cases we are now able to get the mattress out within either the same day or within 48 hours of the order. We are also located in Phoenix AZ, many customers assume we are located in Brooklyn due to the name but that is actually the name of the owners daughter Brooklyn :slight_smile: if you are west coast shipping time would only take 2-3 business days. In any case I hope you enjoy your new mattress, please keep us updated we appreciate it. Have a wonderful evening!

Mario
Brooklyn Bedding
888-210-8751
480-323-8831

Thank you both very much for replying this late. I’ll be back to let you know how it goes.

Who else is loving their new Brooklyn Bedding mattress?! This is the best sleep i have gotten in years, i cant say enough good things about this mattress and company!

J. W.

Hi oldsmobile72,

Thanks for the update … and it’s great to hear that your choice worked out so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix