Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

I’ve had the Brooklyn mattress for over 3 months now, it’s been awesome! I ordered the soft, my husband insisted on it. I figured I would try it out, and personally I would probably have just gone with the medium, but my back has not hurt since sleeping on this mattress so I’m not going to return. There was very little odor when we unpackaged it, so set up was painless. I like that there is a slight spring feel to the bed as well. I’ve recommended it to several friends already. I’m glad I came across Mattress Underground to help make my decision too!

Hi tenx71,

Thanks for the update and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

My husband and I purchased a Brooklyn Bedding mattress (medium) for my son last fall. He loves it, and has slept great. He is less sore than he was on his previous mattress. We were also shopping for a mattress, and after trying a medium version from a competitor which was too soft for me, we purchased a second BB mattress (firm). The set up both times was easy. The second one I did by myself and I am neither strong nor tall-it was easy. There was a slight odor, but I am very sensitive to smells and it was not enough that I could not sleep on it right out of the box. The smell dissipated quickly. The mattress is very comfortable and we adjusted relatively quickly. We do not find it hot and we sleep very well on it. I personally find it a bit soft. While it is incredibly comfortable when I lay down to sleep, I do have some back pain when I wake up. This seems to be getting better, so it may just take me a bit longer to adjust than my husband. We are very happy with the Brooklyn Bedding service and the product. Having bought two of these mattresses, with all three people sleeping better than ever, I don’t think we will go back to a conventional mattress. Thanks, Brooklyn Bedding!

Hi MLux,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Like the other members that have purchased it I think you certainly made a great quality/value choice and I also hope that you enjoy your new sheets that you were offered in exchange for the review.

Phoenix

Hi All, I’m considering a BBME medium after my rather disappointing experience with the Alexander hybrid. One criticism I have noticed is that the BBME fall short on the edge support. As a side sleeper who sleeps towards the edge, I was wondering if this would make much of a difference. The Alexander hybrid has great edge support but overall is much too soft, I realize there are tradeoffs among the various mattresses, but just curious as to what your experience has been.

Hi Loiroi,

Most foam mattresses don’t have or even really need side support if they have a support core that is firm enough and the comfort layers aren’t too thick and/or soft for the person sleeping on it. Having said that … there are exceptions to every rule and there is more information about edge support and foam mattresses in post #3 here and in post #33 here. With a foam mattress that is a suitable firmness level relative to the person sleeping on it (both in the support core and the comfort layers) then it normally wouldn’t be a significant issue for most people unless you often sleep or sit with most of your weight concentrated on the very outside edge of the mattress although the outside edges of a foam mattress would generally be softer than an innerspring mattress that has a specific edge support system.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for the clarification. Looks like I was giving too much import to edge support as a factor in mattress support & comfort.

I’ve been sleeping in the BME since November and I couldn’t be happier! No more back pain! I’ve never been more comfortable at night! It is my first time trying a non innerspring mattress and I was skeptical at first but I had nothing to worry about.
Thank you Phoenix for this forum! I would have never found such a good mattress otherwise.

Hi beardedaussie,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and it’s good to hear that your mattress worked out so well for you.

Phoenix

It’s been about 4 months since I bought my Brooklyn Bedding Full Size Mattress and I can happily say that I am beyond satisfied with my sleep on this mattress. I used to struggle to sleep well through the night due to numerous back pains. However, after sleeping on BB Mattress, I do not feel any discomfort throughout the night! I recommend this mattress for those who are looking for a firm, but very comfortable mattress.

I bought a full medium firmness Brooklyn Bedding mattress for $650 a few months ago. It was a great upgrade from the cheaper Walmart mattress i had used for years, and cheaper than most of the high quality mattresses we saw at stores.

It’s been a great upgrade, my wife loves it. The medium is still pretty soft and comfortable - i imagine for most people it is the correct firmness.

This is the Best Mattress Ever!!! We purchased ours right around Thanksgiving and have been enjoying it ever since! We went with a Medium and it has done wonders for my husbands back. He would wake up every morning stiff and with an aching back. Not anymore…I was really skeptical that this would be the mattress for us but I am so glad that I took a chance with Brooklyn Bedding. This mattress is soft with just the right amount of support! We also received 2 free pillows with our purchase and they are amazing as well. We had always had a hard time finding the right pillow. I would say we bought new pillows at least monthly because they would lose their poof or firmness depending on the pillow. I have not thought about replacing these pillows once since we received them! I highly recommend this company and mattress, you will not regret it! And if you do their trial period is wonderful, it made my decision to try the mattress that much easier. I’m glad that we didn’t have to use the trial period …I knew after one night that this was my mattress!!!

:cheer:
At first we were a bit leery about ordering a mattress online. We did alot of research on the Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever. After looking at the reviews and looking at mattresses locally we decided to take the plunge and try it out. We ordered a King Medium firmness. We also ordered a base to go with the matress to ensure we had proper support. Set up was easy! At first the mattress smelled a little weird… so we let it air out for a couple of days before actually sleeping on it. We have had the mattress for a few months and so far we love it! We sleep much better than on a traditional spring mattress. My hips don’t hurt as much and I have a much easier time falling asleep at night.

Customer Service was great and they were very responsive to any questions I asked!! Will definatley reccommend to anyone !

I just wanted to write a review of the Best Mattress Ever that I have owned for 90 days. First, I was extremely pleased with the customer support. I called the company to ask some questions about the firmness level that would be best for me. After several questions the customer service representative led me to the medium firmness, even though I was convinced I wanted the firm. They were right, the firmness was perfect for me. The bed came quickly and was packaged nicely. After opening the mattress it fill up almost instantly and was ready to sleep on within hours. There was very little if any smell.

The best way I can describe the feel of this mattress is my general attitude towards sleeping these days. I consistently look forward to going to bed. The mattress breathes well, provides tremendous support without any hot spots. The mattress has not begun to sag in any spots and I look forward to several years of great sleep. I looked at several other mattresses that were twice as much and even a tempurpedic that was 3 times as much. I’m extremely happy that I decided to purchase the Best Mattress Ever, as it positively is the Best Mattress Ever. This mattress simply cannot be beat at this price point, and even if you could spend more money (I could) I would still choose this mattress over any other in the $1,500 or below range.

I love this mattress. It took me a while to dive into buy, as they are online only for where I live, but they had a black friday sale, with the 90 day guaranty.

I was amazed at how light and small the box was. Once opened, the mattress expand to full size within minutes., with no “new mattress” smell. It didn’t take long to get used to sleeping on, and I’ve found I sleep much better then I did before. I would recommend this mattress to anyone, and have done so already.

Hi dflee93, and lwroots, and BOOSTED98MITSU, and Jalmeida1975, and AdamAngelovich, and japrehm,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I bought a queen-sized mattress from Brooklyn Bedding about three months ago. I debated between all of the obvious candidates these days, Leesa, Casper, etc. I finally went with BB due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews on sites like this. Here is my takeaway…

For me personally, I love the mattress. I am a stomach and side sleeper. The mattress has - for me - a very good balance of support and comfort. If you are looking for something super soft and giving, you may or may not like the mattress, but for me it is just right.

Shipping was fast. The price was right. I sleep like an angel every night.

I just wanted to give an update since I have been sleeping on the BME for a few months now and since Phoenix has been so helpful putting this site together. I am still very happy with my purchase and I am still waking up pain free every morning. The only thing that I miss from the old memory foam mattress is that sinking in feeling so I am starting to look at a featherbed topper. Not because the BME is uncomfortable, but because I like that cloud feeling. My only concern with getting a topper is that I don’t want to compromise the support that I am getting from the BME, but I will make sure to buy from a place that has a good return policy in case it doesn’t work out.

New mattress, new sheets, new pillows and now a featherbed topper. I didn’t realize how expensive bedding could get :cheer: , but I’m having fun with it and getting closer to that perfect nights sleep!

It’s starting to look like I’m the only one who bought the soft version rather than the firm or medium. I’ve always liked pillow-tops and I thought a soft would suffice. It is actually very comfortable with some nice sheets. The heat dissipation is good despite sinking into the mattress more than others. I got a couple free pillows with my purchase as well and would agree that they are on the thick side. Instead of fluffing them, I have to smash them flat.
In case you’re wondering if the soft mattress would be good for your body, I am about 5’11", 205 LBS very muscular build. This mattress helps with the pressure points that cause my hands/arms to fall asleep when I sleep on my sides and with circulation in general (for me). This mattress is the reason I can finally sleep on my sides or even on my stomach–I can sink in deep enough to eliminate pressure points and the feeling that I am bending backwards when laying on my stomach.

Hope this was helpful!

After have done a ton of researched, I found Brooklyn Bedding through Reviews from Amazon and decided to order a king firm mattress. I was skeptical at first, but was convinced if I didnt sastified, I could have returned it without any charge. I used to have numb in my neck and left arm, and especially back pain. However, after 4 months of using this mattress, I dont feel any pains what so ever. I normally dont like to write any review. But this is one of the best mattress I had ever used while its price is also affordable. As the matter of fact, I’m going to order another one for my daughter.