Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

I received my medium BME about 5 weeks ago. Here’s a link to my experience with my previous mattress if anyone is curious. In short, I was looking for something that was a bit firmer than what I had.

Delivery was quick. From ordering, it was delivered within a week. I used the discount code provided at this site. The mattress came with a set of sheets that feel nice, but I haven’t used them yet.

The first thing I noticed about the mattress is that it’s definitely heavier than my last one. My last mattress had 1"-19 ILD, 2"-24 ILD both talalay latex, 7 inches 33 ILD acela flex polyfoam. I would guess that the BME is using higher density foam in at least the base layer. Based on the specs, the base layer density stacks up very well against comparably priced or even more expensive competitors.

Like others noted, when new the BME medium feels firmer. For those considering ordering, you’ll need to give it a good 2 weeks of use before you get a sense of how it’s going to feel longer term. The first few nights are definitely not representative of how it will feel.

After one month, I’d say it’s a bit on the firm side of medium, which is what I was looking for. I’m 5’7" and weigh about 160 lbs. and generally sleep on my back. The top <1" polyfoam layer gives it a good initial soft feel. The remaining comfort and supporting layers give a good support for my back. I could probably go firmer, but this is the best feeling mattress I’ve had since my first one in 1998.

Overall, I’m very happy with the BME which is about as nice a thing as I can say about a mattress. The price with the discount was very good. The extra set of sheets was nice. I sleep well without tossing or turning.

[P.S.] I’ve paired the mattress with the J.C. Penny Latex Pillow. I’ve also tried the Brooklyn Bedding soft and firm latex pillows. The BB pillows were both too soft and too firm. J.C. Penney hits between them, although I wish it was a bit firmer. The JCP pillows have changed slightly in the last year or so and are a little bigger than a standard size pillow.