Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Hi eeks,

That’s very odd. Your experience is certainly the exception and it’s possible you either have a much more sensitive sense of smell than most people or perhaps you are more sensitive to the normal smell of latex because you are the first one to mention a strong smell out of hundreds of people that have given their feedback about it on the forum. It’s also possible that the smell may be coming from something else besides the mattress (such as a mattress protector or mattress pad if you are using one or even a new pillow) but of course I can’t know that for certain.

Assuming that the smell is coming from the mattress … there are some suggestions in post #3 here that may be helpful. I would make sure that you remove all the sheets and bedding when you aren’t sleeping on it so that it can air out until the smell has gone away.

What are the measurements of your mattress?

There are some comments about standard sizing and sizing variances in post #2 here that should be helpful but it can sometimes take a few days or in a few cases even up to a week for a mattress to completely decompress and regain it’s correct size within a normal spec tolerance of +/- 1". While it won’t affect the comfort or support of the mattress … assuming that you’ve measured the mattress correctly and it’s still out of spec after that I would call Brooklyn Bedding to let them know that your mattress is out of spec and they should be able to help you.

Phoenix