Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

After a frustrating search in stores my husband and I ordered the Brooklyn Bedding King Size Medium Mattress. I was apprehensive to make such a big purchase online, however the choices and aggressive store salespeople overwhelmed us.

The first mattress we received was comfortable. However after it “inflated”, it was 3 inches too narrow for our platform bed. I contacted customer service, and they sent me out another bed. We had to order it, and they will arrange pick-up after receipt (so we could still use the bed while we were waiting.)

The second mattress was perfect! It fits the platform bed perfectly and is super comfortable. The best thing about this bed is that you can’t feel the other person’s movement, really at all. My husband is a “floppy croppy” and I don’t feel him move at all any more. This does have a downside- we can’t feel our 56 pound dog joining us in the middle of the night! When will BB make a dog bed?

Also, the customer service is great! Be assured that any issues you have will be handled promptly and respectfully! Overall it was a great buying experience!

We’ve owned our $1600 California King Classic Tempurpedic mattress for over 11 years now. In the past 2 years we’ve been noticing back and neck problems that we have been going to the doctor for treatments. Not sure if the bed was the issue, but getting up in the morning is the most painful.

In the past few weeks it has been Excruciating to even sleep on the mattress. My husband would now rather sleep on the sofa.

We’ve searched for another mattress since we’ve been having back issues.

Thanks to the information provided on this site we decided to purchase the firm Cal King from Brooklyn Bedding today.

We are looking forward to its arrival!

Hi MMS2015,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with Brooklyn Bedding … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and it’s great to see that it’s working out so well for you.

@Xenosleep,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I hope that you also have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Update:

Our Medium King BME showed up Friday. We ordered over the weekend, it shipped Monday, great service.

I promised unboxing and unwrapping videos but that didn’t happen. We were just to eager to get it open and on the platform we forgot. Having never ordered an online foam mattress it’s really amazing how compressed they are and I was skeptical it would fill out quick enough to sleep on last night but I was wrong. Within minutes it filled out to within 90% of it’s final size. By the time we made the bed and decided to turn in 6 hours later it had reached what appears to be it’s full and final size.

Ours is very symmetric, no issues with bulging in the middle or pulling at the corners, it covers the king platform perfectly where the older OMF latex left slats exposed on the corners.

The first nights sleep was pretty good but being it is quite different than what we had it will take some adjustment,. I’m thinking the medium may still be a bit too firm but my wife said she likes it so happy wife, happy life :slight_smile:

I am not making any comfort judgements based on one nights sleep obviously done before the bed has had time to full normalize but my first impressions are very positive, I like this mattress.

IMHO it’s fit, finish and material quality are top notch, certainly at or above pretty much anything we saw at local retailers at more than twice the price.

I’ll come back after a few weeks with an update but first impressions are very positive, I think we made a great purchase.

Hi mjw930,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update with your initial comments and feedback about your mattress … I appreciate it.

Your experience so far certainly sounds very promising :slight_smile:

Phoenix

My wife and I are moving to Toronto, which is as good a reason as any to buy a new mattress. I just ordered a king mattress for our room, and a queen for the guest room. Mario helped me through the online chat on their site, and it was quick and easy.

Now the wait to see how this mattress actually is!

Hi KB,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it as well.

Phoenix

Worked with Mario over the phone today to purchase a King Firm Best Mattress Ever. Couldn’t have been an easier process in placing the order over the phone, and the 5% discount along with no shipping and tax made it a great deal. Looking forward to getting the mattress in the next few days.

Hi dtsolo,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you also made a great quality/value choice and I’m also looking forward to finding out how you like it once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I just purchased a King size (medium) mattress with Mario from Brooklyn Bedding this morning. Mario was very helpful, the whole transaction took only a few minutes.
We had our memory foam mattress from Costco for the past 8 years., As I recall, in the beginning it was great, but recently I am having back pains in the morning. This will be our first latex mattress, this site was very helpful in our search of a replacement. I can’t wait to try the new mattress and will post our comments afterwards.

LOVE2K

My ordering process experience at Brooklyn Bedding:

Just ordered my BME from BB. First chatted with Mario yesterday via their online chat to ask some preliminary questions. In the chat session I asked him about the quilted top and its components. He responded with very specific details giving measurements to the 1/4". I then called in and spoke with Mario directly asking a few more questions that weren’t covered in FAQs and to get input on firmness level. I start sleeping generally on my side to start, but mostly sleep on my back. My wife sleeps mostly on her back with a little side. We’re 5’4" 130lb range. He advised Medium.

Reviewed with my wife that night.

Next day, today, called in and ordered the bed. Very straight forward. Based on my zip code what’s expectation of deliver time? Mario estimated 3-5 business days from them to us in Portland, OR.

Before contacting Brooklyn Bedding yesterday, my wife and I went into Parklane store on Broadway. Very nice beds. Sales person was knowledgeable, but wasn’t able to give the kind of exact detailed answers that I got from Mario. She knew some things, but seemed a little less certain on others. The video on the BB web site showing the components so transparently was a real seller for me. If you haven’t seen that video, I recommend searching for it on their site and watching it.

Also, at Parklane, they do have 100% latex beds - latex all the way through from base to comfort layers. 0 foam. We stayed there laying on beds for a good 2+ hrs or so. Their Overton (sales person called it their soft medium) and Woodstock (sales person referred to it as their firm medium) were quite nice (leaned towards Woodstock), but I have to say I’m partial to a quilted top and neither of these two had that. I saw on BB’s site that the BME has quilted top.

Prior to visiting Parklane did online research starting with so-so web sites to Sleep Like the Dead and then here to Mattress Underground, I did quite a bit of forum reading here sometimes to the point of eyes glazing over… Finally, it was time to go in to a store and actually lay on a latex bed, hence the visit to Parklane on Broadway that ultimately resulted in online order with Brooklyn Bedding.

Now I’m going to order a mattress protector and a foundation - This one (Which Mario let me know would not void the warranty): https://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Master-SmartBase-Mattress-Foundation/dp/B006MIUM20/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

To summarize my review of BB’s ordering process, I liked the initial chat option. It’s a great feeler option to get some initial test-the-waters questions answered. Went well, so I called in. That went great, so ordered the bed. and that went well, too. Now very much looking forward to getting our new bed and getting a decent comfortable supported night’s sleep…!!

Got the California King and it is a great. Got the medium firmness and we are both happy. Have recommended to friends and family and will continue to do so. Excellent purchase. Setup was a breeze.

Hi love2k and anderb10,

Thanks to both of you for sharing your experiences with Brooklyn Bedding … and congratulations on your new mattresses as well :).

You certainly made great choices and I’m also looking forward to any comments or feedback you have the chance to share when you receive them as well.

Just for the sake of clarity (or for others who may read this) the Parklane mattresses are all latex mattresses as you mentioned rather than a latex/polyfoam hybrid and they have a quilted cover but they use quiltable latex rather than polyfoam.

Phoenix

Loving my new medium mattress! Been sleeping on it since Sunday and couldn’t be happier! The pillows are excellent as well! Great product at an affordable price :slight_smile:

Just ordered our BME, and I can’t wait for it to get here! I’ve been lurking/occasionally posting here for a good while now, and I finally got the OK from the wife to order a new mattress. From all my previous research I had narrowed down our choices to either Dreamfoam or Brooklyn Bedding.

When I had first started looking BB had a lineup of mattresses, but most were out of our price range. The BME was right in the sweet spot and the construction was basically exactly what I was looking for.

Mario was very helpful over the online chat, he laid out the differences between the BME and the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Latex and Eurotop. I had been contemplating ordering the foundation from Dreamfoam since they have a 10% off offer going on, and BB is only 5%, but I wasn’t sure it would apply to just a foundation. Mario actually looked into it while we were chatting and told me it would apply, and I should order the foundation from DF. I know they are sister companies but I still thought it was cool of him to advise going somewhere else for a better deal.

Ordering was a breeze, I paid with Paypal, so we don’t even have to pay until delivery. I’m so excited to not sleep on the very edge of the bed because it’s the only spot left with support!

Hi TAnsetta,

Thanks for the update … and it’s great to see that your choice is working out so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Benstark,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for letting us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on your new mattress.

You certainly did some good research and asked some good questions along the way and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it as well.

Phoenix

You know that’s true, she did say it’s quilted latex, but it did not feel like what I consider a quilted top to look and/or feel like. The quilted latex tops on the Paklane latex mattresses felt pretty much like straight bed to me, which by no means was uncomfortable. I’m basing this on laying on their Cornell (latex/spring/foam hybrid) bed that had a quilted top that looks more like what I think of a quilted top to look and feel like and also looks more like the one on the BME web site photos & video. Of course I have yet to feel what it actually feels like on the BME, It won’t be her for a few more days (can’t wait!). The quilted latex tops on the Parklane latex mattresses (Overton, Woodstock, and Macadam) were definitely less cushy to me. But, wow, latex all the way through top to bottom - what a durable bed that’ll be…! My wife and I aren’t big, so I expect the 2lb HD polyfoam base layer on the BME will likely serve us well for some time…hopefully a very long time.

I appreciate the opportunity to learn about mattresses on this site and feel informed about what we’re getting ourselves into and how to make an educated value judgement vs a blind guess. The real ultimate final test will be after our bed arrives, of course, but I have a pretty good feeling about it after having done some direct bed testing based on suggestions outlined in various places on this site. Thank you again for that Phoenix. It’s quite an amazing resource.

I’ve had my #BME for about a week now, and a few first impressions.

The mattress (king sized) is a full 76 x 80 across the widest parts, but the corners are more like 74x78. This isn’t a deal breaker for me, but the mattress does not fully cover the foundation.

My wife loves the mattress, and I also really like the latex (as opposed to memory foam or innerspring). It’s resilient and “springy” but is also soft feeling when one lays down on it.

I have (for much of my life) dealt with my arms falling asleep when I sleep, and it is slightly better on this mattress. However, it is still a problem – but I’m not sure that going from a medium to a soft would fix this issue.

The latex pillows (from DreamFoam) are absolutely amazing, and I’m not having any muscle soreness at all.

All in all, after a week, I’d say that this is an 8.5 / 10 (I’d rate most every other mattress I’ve tried a 6, at best). Except for the slightly smaller size, the mattress looks great and is comfortable. I’ll see if it ends up being too firm for my taste, but I think I’ve found a winner.

Last note – customer service is a 10. No question, best service I’ve seen from almost any company.