Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

The only problem with the trial period is that it can only be used once. So if you choose the wrong firmness, you can’t try another for the trial period. I tried a BME in soft and which caused lower back pain for me and for my husband. I wish I had gotten a medium, because that may have worked.

Hi abbygrant,

This would be true for any company that I’m aware of. It would be very unusual for a company to offer two trial periods for a single purchase.

Phoenix

Like others on this thread I was offered free sheets if I posted a review.

I agree with Phoenix that any review about comfort/feel/quality of sleep is mostly subjective and differs from person to person depending on preferences. However I think that a review of customer service and any issues can be useful for those deciding between a series of good options. I will quickly walk through our process and experience with Brooklyn Bedding.

After a few years of experiencing the retail sales, exchange gimmicks I decided to invest time in finding a good quality mattress. A combination of quality, preference, price and return policy led me to conclude that Brooklyn Bedding was my best online option. Only 3 of the popular online companies I researched had return/exchange policies for Canada. (Worth noting for Canadians that many exchange and some free return offers do not apply in Canada).

It ended up as a choice between BB and a regional manufacturer. My girlfriend and I tried several mattresses at the regional manufacturer (selected bc of mix of preference/price). Many were fine, but none were amazing and we both felt all were slightly too firm for our liking. Due to this, lack of a return policy, and some lingering doubts about reliability of the manufacturer, we were inclined towards on online company. The online route was a bit more expensive as we had to shell for a foundation as well, but we found a good deal for a foundation and BB offered us two free latex pillows (locally these go for at least $200) with our mattress. The pillows helped offset the shipping cost (like most online retailers-- shipping to Canada is not free unlike continental US). In the end we chose Brooklyn Bedding.

Online help at BB was informative and courteous. Given our location, shipping took a little longer than usual. Due to a snafu on their end the order had to be resubmitted and that delayed arrival of the mattress by about a week. This was no big deal for us. Again BB was apologetic and gave us a tracking number so we knew exactly when the mattress would arrive.

The mattress was delivered by a UPS guy and we set it up on our foundation and frame very easily. Unfortunately there were no pillows. I contacted the company about the pillows and after a quick back and forth ( a couple days worth) it was determined that the mistake was on their end. But because we live in Canada, BB was unwilling to pay ship the two pillows and pay the expensive shipping fees. They asked me if I had a US shipping address or someone in the US they could ship to, and unfortunately I do not. I understand that they do not want to pay the fees for two pillows, but it was part of our value equation in choosing BB and this was disappointing. The mistake was on their end, not ours, and it was a clear offer that enticed us to purchase their product.

Anyway I have had a good experience with the bed itself. The bed itself has been fine. I cannot say it is the most comfortable bed in the universe, but it suits me. It took me about a month to get used to it, but I basically slept okay. Unlike many beds, 6 months in the bed seems more comfortable than ever to me. And it has maintained its shape perfectly, no sagging or uncomfortable spots. Other beds I have had in the past formed impressions very quickly. My girlfriend is a side sleeper and initially found the bed too firm. But now she is more comfortable and now sleeps well in the bed. It just took a bit longer for her, I am not sure if this has something to do with her being a side sleeper. For the price the bed is far better than the alternatives in most stores and we are happy with our choice.

I was somewhat hesitant about purchasing a new mattress mattress, sight unseen, without the opportunity to test it beforehand. But after reading the positive reviews, conducting research on mattress construction and materials, and comparing prices, I decided to take the plunge. The return policy gave me sufficient assurance in case I made a bad decision. I purchased a firm mattress. The mattress arrived promptly, and was somewhat heavier than I had anticipated. After installing it on the bed frame, setup was relatively easy. First, I thought the mattress was a bit too firm, and the first few nights I had trouble sleeping. I purchased a mattress pad for a bit more cushion. After about two weeks things started to settle in, and I started experiencing some of the most restful and refreshing sleeps of my life. It sleeps cool, provides plenty of back support, isolation from adjacent sleepers is excellent, and the edge support is good, This entire experience has taught me a valuable lesson, proper mattress evaluation requires an extended trial period, and initial impressions from lying on a mattress for a few minutes in a showroom floor can be misleading.

Hi nocmclean and Linfield Bill,

Congratulations to both of you on your new mattresses … and thanks for sharing your comments and feedback as well :slight_smile:

@ mocmclean,

Since you are receiving new sheets it may be worth calling them again to see if they can also ship the pillows that you didn’t receive in the same shipment.

Phoenix

After extensive research, I purchased a Brooklyn Bedding BME a few months ago. Bottom line, it really is the best mattress I’ve ever slept on. We decided on the medium firmness and it’s perfect. I’ve dealt with numerous back issues for a few years and our new bed has helped immensely. It did take a few weeks to get used to, but that was not a problem. Just an adjustment from always sleeping on innerspring mattresses. Between the customer service and the comfort of the bed, I highly recommend. And with the super long trial period, you can’t go wrong. Hopefully I won’t need a new mattress for many years, but when I do, I’ll be back. No more mattress shopping.

Hi rcoroadglide,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback.

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Like numerous others, I also received an email from Brooklyn Bedding offering a free set of sheets for a review on The Mattress Underground. Full disclosure.

We bought our new Best Mattress Ever in October after my wife continued to wake up with neck and upper back pain and headaches despite regular chiropractic visits and a memory foam pillow. Flipping our old box spring mattress and adding a padded cover did nothing to help. I was skeptical about buying a mattress online (and about buying a “hybrid” mattress when I’ve only ever slept on a traditional spring mattress, but the return policy and positive reviews sold me).

I’ve very glad we made the purchase. From start to finish, the process was great. Ordered at a very affordable price given the high quality of mattress. Delivery was smooth–the mattress was in perfect condition and easy to unroll and set up. No new mattress smell, even though they warned there might be one.

We went with medium firmness, and it’s the best either of us has ever slept. My wife is a side sleeper, and I’m a stomach/side sleeper and about 200 lbs. The firmness is perfect in that I don’t sink too far, and it still cushions me very well. The latex also stays cool throughout the night. I don’t imagine that’ll change much when spring and summer roll around.

The free set of sheets is nice and all, but really I’m just happy to let people know a little more about this awesome mattress. Worth every penny.

For what it’s worth, the Best Pillow Ever is also AMAZING. I recently swapped out my thoroughly flattened standard pillow of 10 years, and now my wife steals my new pillow whenever I fall asleep in my office chair long enough to give her the chance. I just ordered her one of her own tonight.

Hi MattC,

Thanks for sharing your comments as well.

Like the other members that have purchased it I think you made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I also hope you enjoy your new sheets.

Phoenix

Recently purchased a soft mattress from Brooklyn Bedding and LOVE IT! I also LOVE the best pillow ever and even the free pillow I got with my order is AWESOME! Great customer service and a great product. Thanks brooklyn bedding!

Hi mercyme17201,

Congratulations on your new mattress (and pillow) as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I’m writing a follow-up on the Best Mattress Ever we purchased in October. I posted my initial thoughts shortly after it first arrived. Now that we’ve been sleeping on it several months I can honestly say we are both really happy with it! My husband loved it right away, I needed a bit more of a padded feel. So, I purchased a nice, but, not too thick mattress pad. It still took me a 6-8 weeks to adjust to the feel. However, after just the first couple of nights my hip pain was MUCH better! We travel quite a lot for our work (both artists that sell at art shows) and now coming home is a treat to be back in our BME. After several years of a sagging conventional mattress and the aches it inflamed I can’t believe how I’ve “healed”. I wake up and rise without hip pain. While it doesn’t make me feel like I’m 20 again, I now also don’t feel like I’m 90 either - my real age somewhere in between :wink:

I have recommended the mattress to friends, and will do so again to others. My husband and I are both happy with the choice we made. Thank you, Brooklyn Bedding, your product and customer service can not be beat! We now laugh at the TV commercials for the big box type stores. I am so glad I stumbled onto the Mattress Underground!

Hi TanchoGirl,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update … I appreciate it.

It’s great to hear that with a little bit of “fine tuning” your mattress worked out so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We were moving to a new house and needed new mattresses. I was sick of always sagging into a mattress a few months after we bought it so I decided to do research and came to the mattress underground. I read about a lot of mattresses and tried some recommended retailers in my area. I found a full latex mattress that I liked but was completely out of my budget. So I decided on the best mattress ever because it seemed to be the best value for our budget. We’ve been sleeping on it for 4 months already and are very pleased!
If you are wondering about the firmness levels, I usually like firm (which was really what I always chose because I hate sagging) but decided to choose medium based on some reviews. The medium feels more cushy for sure but it is very comfortable and NO SAGGING!
It is definitely the best value for it’s price.

Hi cs123,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it.

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :).

It’s great to hear that your mattress worked out so well for you.

Phoenix

I’ve had the Brooklyn mattress for over 3 months now, it’s been awesome! I ordered the soft, my husband insisted on it. I figured I would try it out, and personally I would probably have just gone with the medium, but my back has not hurt since sleeping on this mattress so I’m not going to return. There was very little odor when we unpackaged it, so set up was painless. I like that there is a slight spring feel to the bed as well. I’ve recommended it to several friends already. I’m glad I came across Mattress Underground to help make my decision too!

Hi tenx71,

Thanks for the update and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

My husband and I purchased a Brooklyn Bedding mattress (medium) for my son last fall. He loves it, and has slept great. He is less sore than he was on his previous mattress. We were also shopping for a mattress, and after trying a medium version from a competitor which was too soft for me, we purchased a second BB mattress (firm). The set up both times was easy. The second one I did by myself and I am neither strong nor tall-it was easy. There was a slight odor, but I am very sensitive to smells and it was not enough that I could not sleep on it right out of the box. The smell dissipated quickly. The mattress is very comfortable and we adjusted relatively quickly. We do not find it hot and we sleep very well on it. I personally find it a bit soft. While it is incredibly comfortable when I lay down to sleep, I do have some back pain when I wake up. This seems to be getting better, so it may just take me a bit longer to adjust than my husband. We are very happy with the Brooklyn Bedding service and the product. Having bought two of these mattresses, with all three people sleeping better than ever, I don’t think we will go back to a conventional mattress. Thanks, Brooklyn Bedding!

Hi MLux,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Like the other members that have purchased it I think you certainly made a great quality/value choice and I also hope that you enjoy your new sheets that you were offered in exchange for the review.

Phoenix

Hi All, I’m considering a BBME medium after my rather disappointing experience with the Alexander hybrid. One criticism I have noticed is that the BBME fall short on the edge support. As a side sleeper who sleeps towards the edge, I was wondering if this would make much of a difference. The Alexander hybrid has great edge support but overall is much too soft, I realize there are tradeoffs among the various mattresses, but just curious as to what your experience has been.