Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

These mattresses really might be the best ever. We bought on for our five year old son’s big boy bed and now my wife and I find any excuse to crawl into bed with him. “Did you hear him?” I will go check…(only never to return until waking in the morning. My wife and I sleep on a plush bed organic bliss latex mattress and our sons is I would estimate 25% softer!! I researched it and don’t be fooled by buying an aftermarket brooklyn bedding mattress on overstock. They are second rate quality and the websites one are actually different higher quality. The mattress is actually so comfortable that my sons sleep has improved meaning when we put him to bed he does NOT continually get up for a drink of water or to pee. furthermore he does not wake up during the night and come into our bed. We go into his! #bestmattressever

Does Brooklyn Bedding incentivize people to write reviews? They seem to have a disproportionate number here.

Hi davess,

Most of the more recent reviews that are a member’s first post are probably the result of an offer for free sheets to encourage feedback from their customers. In other words they are “incentivized” which is the reason for the numbers (the large majority of people don’t write reviews after a purchase) but the sheets don’t require a “positive” review and they ask their customers to write a review that is truthful.

Phoenix

Got it, thanks for the info. Seems to be an effective program they have, so good for them!

I have had my Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever medium firmness for about 3 months now. While I’m not sure I will be keeping the bed yet or not (it is a little soft for my sleep preference), I would not hesitate to recommend this company to friends and family.

The quality is excellent, this was my first mattress that did not have springs and it did not even phase me making the switch. It has wonderful bounce to it and I do not feel like I am ‘sinking into a pit of quicksand’ as I did with the memory foam beds I tried. The lack of edge support doesn’t bother me as I never sit on the edge of my bed anyways. The quilted cover is great and I did not notice it sleeping hot (though I’ve never noticed any mattress sleeping hot before).

It feels exactly the same as when I first opened it aside from a slight bit of initial softening after sleeping on it the first week or so. Don’t be afraid to give this company a try, the excellent return policy made me feel comfortable with buying a mattress this way.

Brooklyn Bedding mattress has been working great for us. To be honest, at the beginning my back was beat up for about a week but I guess it was due to not being used to a memory foam mattress. But now I sleep super comfortably. I went with a friend to the Casper showroom in New York and after trying it out I recommended him to get the Brooklyn Bedding one. It seems much better made, it has a nice padding so you don’t have to get a separate cushioning and it doesn’t sink with the difference of weights (I am petite and my husband is very tall). I am very happy with the mattress and I totally recommend it.

Hi EverInBlue, and abaquero,

Congratulations to both of you on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

Just for reference and for the sake of others that are reading this … your mattress doesn’t contain any memory foam. The comfort layers are latex and the base layer is polyfoam.

Phoenix

They do in a small way…The cheap sheets (which are nice btw). It doesn’t matter at all to me if they give me sheets or not. I always say exactly what I am thinking (This is dangerous for any vendor). My opinion cannot be bought - I make a good living but that doesn’t mean I will overpay for anything. I stand firm on my resounding support of Brooklyn Bedding and DreamFoam because I have bought their product and I sleep on them (5 mattresses in total). From my recommendation two other people I know have purchased BB or DF and both tell me thank you…I’ve even asked them later if they still are happy and both are very pleased. I would not waste my time writing anything if I was not 100% convinced. My father loves Memory Foam but I don’t like it at all. I’m a Latex fan and wish I had discovered it sooner – I could have avoided several years of intense pain from a k-rappy bed but it was over 2 grand (S&F) so naturally I thought the bed was fine. It was not fine; rather it was junk and I took much too long to figure out the source of my continual pain.
I don’t think everyone likes Latex and that’s OK. You can try it for 120 days and see if you adjust or no. The good news is that you are not stuck with it if you hate it.

Hi jeffmoody,

That’s one of the reasons that I appreciate your many contributions to the forum :slight_smile:

Phoenix

My wife and I have purchased numerous mattresses over the past two years, and have been disappointed in all of them with the exception of our last one from Brooklyn Bedding… the Best Mattress Ever. All of the mattresses we purchased, which were either latex layers, memory foam or spring combinations, caused back pain that was either immediate, or gradual.

We found for us that lower back pain usually resulted from a mattress that was too soft, and upper/middle back pain resulted from a mattress that was too firm. Both of these problems caused frequent tossing and turning in bed as we constantly tried to find the “right position” that offered comfortable sleep.

We’ve had the Best Mattress Ever in Medium for almost four months, and can honestly say that we’re getting the best sleep that we’ve had in a long time. There’s no sagging, but it doesn’t feel too firm. We did have to take some time to adjust, since we’d been pretty messed up by two years of painful mattresses, but we’re extremely happy now.

We no longer feel the need to take naps on the weekends because we’re finally getting quality sleep throughout the night!

It’s really wonderful to be able to say that this product really lives up to its name!

After doing extensive research, I decided to go with Brooklyn Bedding due to their amazing return policy (as well as their free delivery and excellent price). I have had the queen size medium firmness bed for several months now and still love it!

Hi Timothym1,

Thanks for your comments and for letting us know what you ended up purchasing … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I bought a king and firm mattress from Brooklyn Bedding last winter, about 5 months ago. I’m Asian and tall (6’3’'). I was looking for my mattress by three standards: firmness, durability, cooling. Asians like me specially like a firm bed. So far, my wife and me are very satisfied with my purchase, I feel this mattress helps me support my back and lessen my pains. Also, it helps stop sweating during sleep. Even though I didn’t experience other brands in same price range and function category, I strongly recommend this mattress to people who are looking for firm mattresses.

Hi twkim71,

Thanks for your comments and feedback and for letting us know what you ended up purchasing … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It’s great to hear that the firm mattress turned out so well for you.

I hope that you also enjoy the new sheets that they are offering to their customers that post a review as well.

Phoenix

After reading the reviews on this website, I am strongly considering the BME.
I was wondering if I should also add for the $225 foundation in a queen. This would be in addition to the metal bed frame I already have.

Also looking at the best pillow ever. Appreciate any insight. Thanks. in advance.

Hi karl235,

If you just have a standard metal bedframe then you will need a suitable foundation on top of it to provide support for the mattress as well.

Any foam mattress with a polyfoam support core will generally do best with a firm, flat, and evenly supportive support surface underneath it that has minimal to no flex under the mattress and for larger sizes with at least one center support beam that has good support to the floor to prevent any sagging in the middle of the mattress. The components (either a bedframe and foundation or a platform bed) need to be strong and durable enough to support the weight of the mattress and the people sleeping on it without some of the parts bending, sagging, shifting, or breaking with extended use. The support surface under the mattress (which may be slats or a steel or wire grid) should have enough surface area to prevent the mattress from sagging through any gaps or spaces in the support surface over time but still allow some airflow under the mattress. If a foundation has a slatted surface then I would suggest that the gaps between any slats are no more than about 5" (with 1 x 3 slats) although less than 4" would be better yet.

There is more information about support systems (bedframes and foundations or platform beds) that are generally suitable for different types of mattresses and some examples of each of them in post #1 here and some of the information and comments in this topic (which would apply to any foam mattress) may be helpful as well.

The BestPillowEver certainly uses very high quality and durable materials (Talalay latex) and would be well worth considering for those that prefer a latex pillow over other types of materials.

A suitable pillow is an essential part of good alignment for the head and neck and upper body because the gaps between the head and the mattress and the curve of the cervical spine needs to be supported just like all other parts of the spine. Like mattresses … there are certain “needs” that depend on body type and sleeping positions but with pillows, personal preferences play a more important role because the face is much more sensitive to textures, temperature, smells, and other more subjective “feel” based properties of a pillow. There is more about choosing pillows in the pillow thread here.

Phoenix

We purchased the BME (medium) about 4 months ago and we are overall very happy with the mattress. We have been sleeping really well on it and it seems to be the right firmness for us. I thought initially I would need to switch for a softer mattress but then tried the soft firmness one that my sister bought and felt the medium was better. I do think however I will need to add a topper- maybe a feather topper to make it a bit cozier to sleep on; I realized I was wanting more of a plush feel, rather than a softer mattress. Overall though, I think the bed is a great value for the restful sleep it provides. And like many of the other reviewers posted, I realized I have less pain now.

The pillows (albeit free) are way too thick/dense to sleep on, though my boyfriend uses them without a problem. They are a nice prop up to read however.

I bought a pair of sheets as well and they are super soft and a pleasure to sleep on.

Hi Sm2323,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We just got a full size firm for our son. For some it may be overkill but he’s only 2 so we sometimes have to sleep with him. We bought a tempurpedic bed few years back and really like a firm sleeping mattress. We originally tried Leesa which is very high quality product but the one size fits all didn’t work for us. I woke up with really bad back pains. But tried the 30 days to give it an accurate test and just couldn’t adjust. We got in the BB mattress and being able to select what your needs are instead of trying to conform to the mattress is awesome. We let it air out for a few hours but honestly didn’t smell much to start with. We’re a fan and will recommend Brooklyn Bedding to our friends. This is a long term investment and really like that the warranty is backed by an established company!

Hi asindragon,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it…

As you know you certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Your son is fortunate that you purchased a “big boy” mattress for him (and of course partly for you as well).

Phoenix