Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Hi David,

Welcome … and I’m glad you were able to register and log in to the forum :).

Phoenix

Very happy to be here.

It may take me a while to get the hang of it but I’m always available if there are any questions or comments about Leesa.

David

Great to have you on here David! Look forward to hearing your take on all things mattress industry. Keep up the focus on great beds!

Hello, got my bed yesterday. The shipping was incredibly fast, not complaining.

First impressions, the mattress is pretty heavy and looks to be very high quality. It expanded very quickly and I’m super impressed about the size of box they could fit it into.

Slept on the mattress last night after it looked to be fully expanded, right off it is definitely softer then my t&n. Mario at Brooklyn Bedding said it should continue to get a bit more firm for the next 24-48 hours which I would be okay with. It is not too soft but I could handle it being a little more firm.

All in all I am pretty impressed so far with all aspects, CS is great at Brooklyn Bedding. It is hard to determine from one night on the mattress if I love it but I did get pretty good sleep last night. I’ll continue on after I have tried it for a bit longer. Thx again for all the info here. Very helpful

Hi 1nightstan,

Thanks for your initial comments and feedback … I appreciate it :).

I hope you also have the chance to share an update after you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a little longer as well.

Phoenix

So excited to to try this out! Great customer service. Looking forward to sleeping well!

Hi sbradford1208,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it as well.

Phoenix

Great Mattress. I was never bale to sleep more than 8 hours before lower back pain woke me up. With my BB Mattress Medium feel i wake up recharged. it firm enough to support me and feel like i’m not sinking in, but light enough to feel the memory foam consistency. I am debating weather to return this mattress and get the most firm feel because i enjoy hard mattresses but i afraid i will lose the soft feeling to it.

Hi blh1018,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and based on your comments it sounds like the medium firmness is a good match for you as well.

If you are sleeping well without back pain and waking up feeling recharged then if it was me I personally wouldn’t argue with success!

Phoenix

I just joined this forum because we’ve been doing some research on a new mattress and found this site to be the most helpful and unbiased. We’re also leaning towards this mattress company since the reviews have been consistently positive. We have an older spring mattress and there’s 2 indentations where we now migrate to. The only part of the mattress selection process is which firmness to get but we’ll work that out. It’s hard to go look at a mattress in a store to compare it to what’s on line because they’ll only be close and we can’t do a side by side comparison. The Dream Foam mattresses have all the specs we need. we’ll be talking to them soon but it wasn’t until i found this forum that i could say i was comfortable with an online purchase like this. i’ll keep updating our journey.

Hi ronfla,

Welcome … and I’m glad the forum could help you.

As you probably know from your reading here (including the comments about the “simplified choice” mattresses in post #2 of this topic) you are certainly looking at a great quality/value choice.

You are right that it’s very unlikely that you will find another mattress that uses exactly the same design with the same type of materials in the same combination, the same layer thicknesses and firmness levels, and with a “functionally similar” cover that will be the same so your own experience will really be the only way to know for certain whether any mattress choice is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP. Of course this is also the reason that a good return policy is more important with an online purchase so you can test the mattress in your bedroom instead of a showroom with little risk.

You’ve probably seen this already but there is some good information about their firmness choices on their page here that can help you decide between their different firmness options. If you are still undecided then it’s good to see that you plan to talk with them (either on the phone or through their chat) because when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (such as Brooklyn Bedding) who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattress and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept well on and liked that they are familiar with, any special considerations you may have, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding once you pull the trigger.

Phoenix

I know that Brooklyn Bedding owns Dream Foam(or vice versa) and we’re looking at both. Before we buy anything i want to gather as much info as possible to make the best choice.

Hi ronfla,

They are “sister companies” with common ownership.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

We ordered the king size medium firm mattress from Brooklyn Bedding last night. I felt that the price for the mattress versus the quality and components of the mattress were in line. The person I chatted with also threw in 2 king size pillows which was nice. The 120 day trial period also was a factor for deciding on this mattress.

Now for the fun part. We talked about a platform for the mattress last night and he gave me a link to a Dream Foams platform sold on Amazon but of course I didn’t save the link. I want to ask them if that platform will allow the mattress to ‘breathe’ which was mentioned here to prevent moisture build up. That would be something to consider since we live in Fla. I’ve done some research on here for a platform bed but I haven’t found anything yet. I need to know a bit more about this. my wife wants something with a headboard. we have a frame now but it has no slats so that’s going with the rest of the current set up. if you folks can offer a few tried suggestions let me know.

Hi ronfla,

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.

I’m guessing that the platform/bedframe that they mentioned to you may have been this one and if it was then it would allow good airflow under your mattress.

There is also more information about the different types of support systems that generally work best for different types of mattresses in post #1 here that also includes examples of each of them as well that may also be helpful.

Phoenix

ADMIN NOTE: this was originally reply #158 in this topic but I amalgamated it with this topic which is more suitable because it has the same subject matter.

BB gave me another link. i’ll get it from them tomorrow. I was on the page you referenced (post #1 here) and found this link Hayneedle - Walmart.com which looks interesting. some of those links on that page for foundations aren’t valid anymore

Hi ronfla,

Thanks for the heads up … I appreciate it.

URL’s or websites that change or disappear and broken links are always a challenge to keep up with on a forum but I’ve gone through the reference post and fixed all the links that were broken.

Phoenix

i’m a programmer so I know how it is to stay on top of ever changing links that are out of your control. The platform beds in the link I left seem ok but I have no idea what the spacing is between slats. i’ll find out tomorrow

So far for a frame and platform i’m looking at
Platform - Amazon.com?
or
King Wood Foundation, Wood Foundations
I’m not sure if I should get wood or metal in the platform.

Frame - Latex Mattresses On Sale - Latex Mattress Toppers - Phoenix, AZ

Let me know your thoughts on these. I have no idea what I need so I’m doing the best I can

Out of the three choices you presented I personally would lean toward the wood foundation.