Brooklyn Bedding BME - smell and off gassing from other forum members??? Would love input!

Ok great going to order the Sleep EZ one now - I am getting the Hollywood Bed Frame that Costco sells - pretty standard metal bed frame and I believe it has a support beam in the center.

Hi eeks,

The Hollywood bedframe does have center support to the floor and would be fine.

Phoenix

Iā€™ve had my medium BME for two and a half months now. The BME had surprisingly very little smell to it. Iā€™ve had two other foam mattresses and this was easily the least noticeable and I couldnā€™t smell anything at all after a day.

Concerning firmness, the medium started fairly firm for me (5ā€™7" 160 lbs). Like Phoenix says, each person will have their own experience. Within a few weeks it softened up. Now Itā€™s on the firmer side of medium for me.

If youā€™re looking for firm, than Iā€™d say go with the firm version. It will probably feel much firmer than it ends up being after a month. Check with the sales staff though. Theyā€™re a better judge of what you need.

The good news is that Brooklyn Bedding has a very good return policy, so the only thing you stand to lose is a bit of time. All this said, I donā€™t have any experience with the other mattress you mentioned. So I canā€™t say how the BME compares to that.

Received our soft full BME today. To me there is very little smell and I have a very sensitive nose. You have to put your nose right into the mattress to smell anything and Iā€™m pretty confident that in a day or two it will be gone.

Update: Definitely a stronger smell now(1 hour in) than initially. Still not overwhelming but you definitely notice it. Iā€™ll try to update after 1/2 days.

stuuke and wrngway,

Thank you for your feedback - I truly appreciate it! It seems on the whole the mattress has minimal to no smell (depending on the persons sensitivity) but nothing that doesnā€™t dissipate quickly and is not harmful. All pluses in my book!

Please update feedback in the next few days if you can!

I plan on purchasing in the next week or so I will post my feedback on the mattress as well!