Brooklyn Bedding Cool Luxe King

Pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased a king cool luxe from Mario. After trying out several name brand offerings available locally my wife and I decided the tempur pedic cloud luxe gave us the support and cloud like feel we wanted. But at a cost of 4700.00 for a king we were never going to spend that knowing there are many options online to purchase something
With the same or better quality for way less money. After looking at what is available online and narrowing it down to a few different vendors we ended up choosing the cool luxe from Brooklyn Bedding because Mario was very helpful and answered my emails much faster than others I sent emails to.
I will post a review of this when I get it and get some sleep time in.

Thanks Phoenix for providing such a great place with the information I needed to make a knowledgeable decision on how best to spend my money to get the best quality per dollar spent on my mattress purchase.

Hi edog45,

I think you made a great choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m glad the forum was able to help you I hope you have the chance to share your feedback once you’ve received it.

Phoenix

The mattress was delivered today. My wife opened the garage and the driver brought it in for her. The box was in great shape. When I got home from work I started the process of moving my current latex mattress into my son’s room. Then my son helped me carry the new one into my bedroom unpack it and put it on the foundation. Once I cut the plastic open it unrolled and started expanding and within minutes it was 95 percent expanded. About 20 minutes later my wife put the sleep tite mattress protector on that we purchased with the mattress. This is when we laid on it for the first time. I am very happy with the feel. My wife and I both think it is a bit softer than the tempur pedic cloud luxe that we both liked. To us this is a good thing because we both liked the softness of the tempur pedic but would prefer something a bit softer. For us our initial Impression of the cool luxe is great a we are looking forward to sleeping on it tonight. Hopefully we both sleep good and wake up pain free. There is very little smell to the mattress. You have to put your face in it a inhale strong to even smell it. This foam so far reacts faster than the tempur pedic also. I will update tomorrow with how we slept.

Hi edog45,

Thanks for the update … and I’m looking forward to the next one :slight_smile:

I hope you sleep well tonight!

Phoenix

Well I woke up this morning and looked at the clock and had to look again I slept 12 hours :woohoo: unbelievable. I have not slept this good in years. I am pretty sure I did not move at all either because I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in. My wife slept exactly the same amount of time. She did wake up a little stiff but no pain at all like she usually wakes up with. Hopefully her body will adjust over the next few weeks and she can wake up with no pain or stiffness. As long as this mattress continues to feel great and we sleep like this I can say without a doubt this is the best mattress I have ever purchased.

I would highly recommend the cool luxe from Brooklyn Bedding to anyone looking for a comparable feel to the Tempurpedic cloud luxe. I can not comment how sleeping on the tempurpedic compares since I have never slept on it. But I will say that I can’t remember the last time I have slept this good, and with myself having severe low back problems that says a lot about the cool luxe to me.

I have heard that memory foam sleeps hot and this was a concern to me because I do tend to sleep on the warm side. I did not feel any hotter than normal last night which is another plus. After putting the sheets on top of the sleep tite mattress protector it did seem to change the feel a tiny bit. It took just a second longer when getting on the bed to sink than without it.

Well as you can tell from reading this I love this mattress and hope it continues to help me sleep like I did last night for many years to come. Now it’s on to my next quest of finding super soft sheets for the new mattress. If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears. I will update how the mattress is performing in a few weeks.

Hi edog45,

Thanks for the update.

A little stiffness may be connected to sleeping for 12 hours … especially with less movement for that long … but of course your ongoing experience will tell.

It sounds to me like you and your mattress are quickly becoming “good friends” :slight_smile:

Post #7 here and the other posts and webpages it links to may be helpful for choosing sheets. If you are looking for “soft” then stretch knit jersey sheets may be a good choice or some of the viscose materials such as bamboo also have a very soft “feel”.

Phoenix