Brooklyn Bedding Empire Luxury Plush

So I have found that I really prefer the feeling of good quality memory foam. I find with my back a firm mattress keeps me up all night tossing and turning in pain, and so I need a more plush mattress.

I just purchased a bedinabox natural silk elegance from a local dealer that honors their exact same return policy of you MUST sleep on it for 30 days after that you have 90 more days to make a return if you are unsatisfied. It has been 2 weeks of sleeping on it and it is just too firm and just not very comfortable overall for me.

I tried a bunch of mattresses locally and found the Brooklyn Bedding Empire Luxury Plush to be my favorite. It matches up to the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in and feels like a cloud in the showroom at their factory in Phoenix.

My question is material and company wise, it is a wiser decision to purchase the empire bed correct? It is going to have a more plush softer response and still support my posture? Is the Bedinabox a lesser value I paid $1399.99 including tax for it. I went to the Brooklyn Bedding factory and they are having a sale that puts the Empire Luxury Plush at $1049 excluding tax (down from $1299) including the 5" low profile foundation for the bed. Here is the link for both beds although I am sure mr. Phoenix knows both of them already.

Getting a queen size fyi :slight_smile:

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: BedInABox® Official Store - The Original Mattress In A Box

rsmattress.com/shop/mattresses/empire/

Hi siGno,

You can see my comments about Bedinabox in post #2 here. I would be very cautious here because they use 3 lb memory foam which is a lower quality/density and less durable material than I would suggest considering (see the durability guidelines here).

There is more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While nobody can speak to how any specific mattress will “feel” for someone else or whether it will be a good “match” in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances and you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress … outside of PPP (which is the most important part of “value”), the next most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t see or “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new so I would always make sure that you find out information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

I certainly think highly of Brooklyn Bedding and they certainly make some great quality/value mattresses. The Empire Luxury Plush contains the following layers and components …

1.5″ Firm Quilting Foam
2″ Pressure Relieving Latex Foam
2″ 4lb. Graphite Gel Memory Foam
7″ Encased Coil Support System
4″ Foam Encased Edge Support

These are all good quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress relative to more average weight ranges (a BMI that is less than about 30) so if your testing has confirmed that it’s a good match for you in terms of comfort firmness and PPP and it also compares well to your other finalists based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then it would certainly be well worth considering.

Phoenix