Brooklyn Bedding Hybrid vs. Natural Latex Mattress

Hi all,

After spending some time on the site (which stopped me from overpaying on a brand name mattress), I’m pretty sure Brooklyn Bedding is going to be a good option. My wife and I are both side sleepers, she’s 100lbs, and I’m 165. I’m trying to figure out whether it’s worth it to pay the extra money for the Natural Latex, or if the Hybrid series with the HD polyfoam would be just fine - would we be able to tell the difference?

Thanks!

Hi npirog,

While there are always some people who don’t seem to notice a great deal of difference between two mattresses that are very different … I think it’s fair to say that most people would notice a big difference yes (depending to some degree on the specific mattresses you were comparing because the Alexis with two latex layers would be closer to an all latex mattress than one of their hybrids that only used one layer of latex).

Post #2 here has more about the comparison between a latex/polyfoam hybrid and an all latex mattress.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix -

One more question: how big of a difference is there between the Natural Latex and All Latex mattresses from Brooklyn Bedding? I’m leaning towards the All Latex (Total Series) because of cost, but want to know how big of an improvement that is over the Hybrid ones.

I’m also going to check out Tucker Mattress Company (I live in the Atlanta area) this weekend - haven’t seen too many details on the forum about them, so will report back on prices/details.

Hi npirog,

The main difference between the Natural Latex Mattress and the Total Latex mattress is that the Natural Latex mattress uses 100% natural Dunlop and Talalay rather than blended Talalay, has no polyfoam in the quilting, and uses an organic cotton cover quilted with wool instead of a bamboo cover. The specific differences between them and how they would compare would depend on the options you choose for each one but there are many people who prefer to avoid any synthetic materials in a mattress more for personal preference reasons than performance reasons so it would be a matter of preference rather than a “better worse” choice. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here but they will be able to provide you with more specific details about the different options available with each one and how they may compare for you when you talk with them on the phone or use their online chat service. They know more about the specific details of their mattresses and the options they have available for each one than anyone else.

I’m looking forward to your feedback after your visit :slight_smile:

Phoenix