Brooklyn Bedding Signature

I just got the Brooklyn Bedding signature and although I like it I think I would like it a bit softer(I got the medium - I love the sheets and pillows though). Is this something where they’d have to ship a whole new mattress or is this something where you could swap out the top layer? I plan on emailing them tomorrow to ask but figured someone here may know.

Helly Mysta,

Please feel free to reach out to us directly, I would be happy to assist you with an exchange of your current mattress. [email protected]

Thank you,

Hi Mysta:

Congratulations on your new mattress! :cheer:

I think you may have already seen this, but Brooklyn Bedding responded to you regarding a comfort exchange on your new BB Signature mattress.

Phoenix

I just received my new Brooklyn Signature today and am excited to begin the journey. I do hope it works out and the medium firm was a good choice. I do have a question about sheets. I received free pillows and micro sheets as part of the Black Friday deal and seem like good quality. I like to sleep in a cooler room even with our cold Indiana winters. I love my medium-gage flannel sheets. Can I use these or will they mess up the breathability and cause it too sleep hotter? Are these foam mattress better using special sheets like micro sheets? I will keep you posted how the mattress works out too. By the way, maybe my sniffer isn’t has good as it use to be, but I did not smell any off gassing at all. Pleased with this.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi PackerBackerCH,

Congratulations on receiving your new Brooklyn Bedding Signature mattress! :cheer: I’ll look forward to your comments once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

While the items closest to your skin will tend to have the most dramatic impact upon your sleeping microclimate, all-foam mattresses do not require special sheets and there are many people who prefer the feel of flannel sheets, regardless of the type of mattress they use. The flannel may sleep a little warmer for you as compared to other styles of sheets, but your mattress will still “breathe” quite well.

I’m glad that your mattress didn’t arrive with any offending odors for your “sniffer” :wink: (just as a note, an odor isn’t necessarily indicative of a VOC, and not all VOCs have odors).

Phoenix

Phoenix- Thanks and will keep you and the readers updated.
Seasons Greetings!
Mike

Hi PackerBackerCH,

That sounds like a good plan, and the same to you as well!

Phoenix

Phoenix-
I don’t plan on updating on a daily bases or bothering you, but just wanted to inform that my first night did not go great- could not get comfortable, sort of felt I was sinking in slightly, just not a lot of sleep. I am not sounding the alarm or waving the white towel, but is this typical? I read others reports where things don’t initially go well, but eventually does, or those that just continue spiraling south! Not panicking but just need a little insight for at least the next 30 days. Not sure if this is something that has to do with first time sleeping on an all foam mattress, etc.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi PackerBackerCH,

Taking time to get used to any new mattress is normal, especially if you are changing to componentry with which you may not be familiar. There will be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress or sleeping system as the mattress loses any of it’s “false firmness” and the cover stretches and loosens a little, and your body gets used to a sleeping surface that is different from what it is used to and loses some of its “learned alignment” (see post #3 here). This would typically be 2-4 weeks, but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specifics of the person and the mattress.

The TitanFlex comfort material used in the BB Signature is very point elastic, so that may also be a difference as compared to your old mattress. The good news is that if you do eventually decide you need to make a change, you did have the foresight to choose something that has a good return/exchange policy.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix- Your information is much appreciated. Validation can do wonders for the spirit. It’s a good looking mattress and a lot of effort to get to this point, so will temper my expectations and let patience reign.
Mike

Hi PackerBackerCH,

That sounds like a reasonable plan. :wink:

Phoenix

What do you mean by point elastic? We just bought a med. BB signature last week and have liked it well enough. It’s easy to reposition (we don’t feel stuck in the bed) and it seems to give good pressure relief.

Hi makesunshine,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Congratulation on your new BB Signature mattress! :cheer: I’m happy that your initial impression is a positive one.

Point elasticity refers to the ability of the material (foam layer) to conform to the curves of the body with minimal disturbance/pull of the areas of the foam layer around it, so it contours quite finely where mass is applied. A smaller area can compress and contour with less impact upon or resistance from the areas of the foam surrounding the mass being applied. Memory foam, latex, and many of the newer plush “high performance” polyfoams tend to be quite point elastic.

Phoenix

Hi Mike, I’m thinking about buying a Signature bed and I was wondering whatever happened with yours,
AcGolfer