Brooklyn Bedding vs DreamFoam Bedding

I was all set to make a decision between the DreamFoam Ultimate Dream Eurotop and a significantly higher priced mattress at a local store, when I came upon your site and found that Brooklyn Bedding is a sister company to DreamFoam. I’ve spoken with Chuck at DF (before I found out about BB) and Justin at BB.

Justin said that the Ultimate Dream Eurotop and the Bamboo Bliss are comparible products except that the core on the Bamboo Bliss is higher density 2.1 vs 1.5 which of course would make it more durable. I also believe he stated that the warranty on the Brooklyn Bedding beds is twice as long as the DF/Amazon beds.

The Bamboo Bliss is $300 more than the UD Euro and the one at the local store (with a discount) is $300 more than the Bamboo Bliss… are the differences worth the price difference? I saw your conversation dated Sept 1012 regarding the Evosleep mattress (https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/evosleep-bio-gel-mattress) and it too was favorable and I would be getting it at a lower price than the list price due to it being a 2014 model and the 2015’s are coming out. $600 is a huge difference to my budget, especially since that difference is very close to the entire cost of the UD Euro. HELP!!! My head is spinning!!!

Thanks so much for your prompt reply as I need to buy a mattress within the next week.

Hi amoureux_de_chocolat,

You can see some comments about the Ultimate Dreams Eurotop vs the Bamboo Bliss (and the Cotton Camilla) in post #16 here. From a materials perspective the Bamboo Bliss would certainly be “worth it” since it uses higher quality materials and components and has other benefits as well but from your own personal perspective it would depend on your weight (higher weights will benefit more from the increased durability of the base layer in the Bamboo Bliss) and how you felt about the other benefits that would go with the higher price of the Bamboo Bliss (wool in the cover, a washable cover, and a more liberal exchange policy) and which one was the “best value” to you based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

I checked the topic that included the information about the Evosleep Bio-Temp Retreat and unfortunately the original poster never did find out the specifics of the layers that I would want to know (see here) so I would need to know the rest of the information about the mattress that is “missing” (see this article) before I could identify any weak links or make any meaningful comments about the materials in the mattress. If you can find out this information and post it here I’d be happy to make more comments about it.

Once you are down to finalists that are all choices between “good and good” (and you can only confirm this with the Evosleep once you have the missing information) then your final choice would depend on how you feel about a local purchase that you can test in person vs an online purchase that you can’t (but has options available to exchange the comfort layer if you need to based on your actual experience) and once again on how they compare based on all the other objective, subjective and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are important to you.

Phoenix

The following is what I found on the Evo Bio Temp bed (I am looking at the Retreat):

http://mattressexposed.com/mattress-brands/sherwood/sherwood-evosleep-bio-temp

So, with your above opinion, it’s between this and the Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Bliss.

The reviews on the Bamboo Bliss bed are outstanding and with the beds that I gave Justin that I like, I’m not really concerned about buying one online. That being said, if the Bio Temp is, in your opinion a better bed/value for the money then that’s the way I want to go. The list price on the bed is $2999 and I’d be getting the mattress and foundation for $1500 including taxes.

The Bamboo Bliss is $1199 but doesn’t include a foundation.

I haven’t purchased a new bed in 14yrs and am in way over my head!

Thank you once again!!

Oh, and BTW I’m only 5’2" and weigh a little less than 120 lbs

Hi amoureux_de_chocolat,

The information you linked to doesn’t include the density of the polyfoam which is one of the most important “specs” you need (see this article for the information you need to make an “informed purchase”).

If you aren’t able to confirm the materials inside the mattress (including the type, thickness, and density of any polyfoam or memory foam) then you would be making a “blind purchase” which could be risky because you won’t know the quality/durability of the materials and you won’t have any way to identify any weak links in the mattress or make meaningful comparisons to other mattresses.

Either the retailer or the manufacturer should be able and willing to provide you with the information you need but if they can’t I would pass the mattress by unless you were willing to take the risk or unless the “unknown materials” were less than “about an inch or so”.

Phoenix