Brooklyn Bedding vs Mattresses.net

My husband and I are shopping for a new mattress. Initially we were going to get Ikea’s all latex mattress, but after reading not so good reviews on that one decided we needed to do some more research. We are both side sleepers and 6’4, 190 & 5’10 200.

There seems to be a lot of love for the BB latex mattresses here. How do they compare to Mattresses.net’s offerings? We are in the Phoenix area and are going tomorrow to one of the bedding stores here that carries the BB latex mattresses to check them out. Any general pointers as to what we should look for when we do go?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Hi stargazy,

The Brooklyn Bedding Ultimate dreams is actually a latex/polyfoam hybrid and is different from an all latex mattress. In other words they are not an apples to apples comparison and you can read more about some of the differences between a latex hybrid and an all latex mattress in post #2 here.

The Phoenix area has some of the best options in the country in terms of latex (including several of the members here) and just in case you haven’t seen them (of for others from the area that may read this thread) they are listed in post #4 here.

In terms of what to look for, it would be the basics which means testing for pressure relief, testing for alignment, and testing for your preferences and then making apples to apples comparisons between your options based on all the objective, subjective, and intangible things involved in any mattress purchase that are more or less important to you based on your personal value equation. You are making choices between options that all have great quality, value, and service in other words and the way to choose between them would be about your preferences rather than thinking in “better worse” terms.

You have local access to some of the best manufacturers in the country who have many years of knowledge and experience in helping their customers make the best possible choices so I would also use this to your benefit. There is very little I could say that they won’t already know and be able to help you with. I would also put a great deal of importance in your personal experiences in testing mattresses, particularly when you have such great quality and value available locally, rather than taking on the potential “risk” of an online purchase unless there were very compelling reasons for you to do otherwise.

Phoenix

Phoenix will be able to answer this questions much better than me, but was in the exact same situation as you, all give my 2 cents.

I may be wrong, but this is what I think. Arizona Mattresses seem to be all latex with different options in natural vs synthetic latex. For comparison, this is the brooklyn bedding mattress that most closely compares to the mattresses at Arizona mattresses. Brooklyn Bedding offers several mattresses with high quality foam bases, an pure latex for the top/comfort layers, which will cost significantly less. Both companies will tailor the mattress to your person preference, and will help you talk through it. I am thinking I am leaning towards Arizona Mattress/mattresses.net for a couple of reasons. I am purchasing a king size mattress and mattresses.net’s adjustable mattress comes with a 6" split core base in various ILD depending on preference, and a 2" topper of your choice. The split core will make it easier to transport. And as I move frequently, it will absolutely save me some trouble. Based on my preferences, I am leaning towards a 3" comfort layer. Additionally, as the bed is adjustable, it give me the ability to make alterations. Ken will even allow me to trade out the layers for the cost of shipping. I am buying the mattress online without testing, so it makes me a little more comfortable knowing I have the ability to make changes. Both companies use high quality products and are great values. If the split core wasn’t so enticing, I would probably lean towards the Ultimate dreams eurotop mattress. Similarly to the mattresses.net adjustable mattress, the pillow top comfort layer is zippered and can be changed out. Of course, on any mattress you can always add a topper of your choice to give you some flexiblity in feel.

Phoenix, please be easy on me. I was just trying to help. As I said, I may be totally wrong, but based on a few weeks of research this is where I stand. I still havent pulled the trigger, but plan to soon.

Hi bwomp,

We seem to have posted in the same minute … but I doubt I could have said what you said any better than you did anyway.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Phoenix