Brooklyn Bedding

Good morning!

First off, let me thank everyone on here (esp. Phoenix) for all your advice, comments, reviews, etc. It’s been VERY helpful.

After all my reading I originally narrowed down my choice to a Novosbed Aria mattress - but after reading some more I think I am going to go for a latex foam as it seems to be cooler, and more appropriate for my weight (255, but slowly getting lower!).

Now I have narrowed my choices down to the Bamboo Bliss or Aloe Alexis from Brooklyn Bedding. I’m having a slightly difficult time deciding between the two…I’m leaning towards the Aloe Alexis in terms of the mattress itself, but as I want to get an adjustable bed frame, it seems like the 14" Alexis might not like that too much.

I’ve also seen that BB is based out of the Phoenix, AZ area. Although I am ordering my bed for my apartment on the east coast, I coincidentally happen to be in the Phoenix area for work in the next week or two, and was wondering if anyone is aware of a retail store (or at least somewhere that the mattresses can be tried out) locally? I would much rather try out the actual mattress than an ‘equivalent’ from a different manufacturer.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Hi Jlev12,

Brooklyn Bedding has a factory in Phoenix and if you call them ahead of time to make an appointment they can meet you at the factory where you can try their mattresses in person.

While I would make my choice based on more detailed conversations with Brooklyn Bedding who will know more about which mattress would be most suitable for you than anyone else (they help their customers with these types of choices every day) … post #2 here may also be helpful.

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix!

Phoenix,

As you suggested, I got in touch with Brooklyn Bedding and was able to stop by their factory today to try out some beds.

Mario was not there, though was extremely helpful in getting an appointment set up with Jacob.

Even though I arrived 30 mins early, Jacob was happy to stop what he was doing and help me out. He was extremely informative, and went through the trouble of switching out a few different layers for me to try of different firmnesses (is that even a word??) and explained pretty well the difference between the talalay and dunlop feel. He also was helpful in figuring out a good firmness level for me - he literally just listened to what I had to say, and said, “I bet you like the 5.”

I then tried a bunch out, declared, “I like this one,” and lo and behold, it was the 5!

At one point he didn’t know the answer to a question, so he called up Mario who (I believe) was on his day off, and who was still more than willing to help out over the phone.

I ended up selecting the Aloe Alexis at level 5 (medium firm), along with the Simple Life (L&P) base. The mattress also came with 2 free shredded latex pillows (which he took out a new one of so I could try it out), a mattress topper (which he said I may or may not want to use, as people who sleep hot may find it makes you even hotter), and a $100 discount. Not to mention no shipping charges and no tax. Since I’m not going to be back from my trip until late August, Jacob also pulled out a calendar to make sure to delay shipping so that it would ship at the right time for me to get it when I return.

I have to say I’m very satisfied with the purchase process and my dealings with Brooklyn Bedding. Even the employees I didn’t deal directly with were friendly at the factory.

Obviously I haven’t tried out the mattress yet, but I just wanted to post that if you are considering Brooklyn Bedding, based on the buying experience alone, I would recommend them. At the very least, I would recommend putting them on a list of potentials.

Thanks again for your earlier reply, Phoenix!

Hi Jlev12,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments about your experiences with Brooklyn Bedding.

As you know I share your high opinion of them and there are many other forum members that have purchased a mattress from them that feel the same way as well.

I think you made a great choice and you were fortunate that you had the best of both worlds and were able to do some testing in person when most most people need to make a Brooklyn Bedding purchase on the internet.

I’m glad that the site could help you and most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix