Brooklyn Bedding's Pure Cool Luxe or Select Foam's Cirrus Luxe...Please help, I can't decide!

Hi Phoenix and anyone else who can offer their thoughts,

I know I am choosing between very good and very good but I am having a very difficult time deciding. They are almost identical in price. I am happy with both companies customer service. I really like the feel of the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe. Both Brooklyn Bedding’s Pure Cool Luxe and Select Foam’s Cirrus Luxe say they are almost identical to the Cloud Luxe. I do not live close to either company to lay on them myself. The specs are quite different so how can they each say they feel like the Cloud? I know, it’s the ILD numbers and everyone makes a different feeling foam and the combinations together and each person’s body, etc. etc.! Might one be a little more firm than the other or offer better support.

Or here’s a question…what about not comparing the beds to the Cloud Luxe but to each other? Judging from the specifications, is it at all possible to how the Pure Cool Luxe would feel compared to the Cirrus Luxe. Spec’s below:

Pure Cool Luxe Cirrus Luxe
1.5" 5lb pure cool memory foam 2.5" soy gel ES
2" 4lb gel memory foam 2" 8lb soy gel Select
2" 5lb memory foam 1" egg crate 2.5" poly foam
7.5" 2.17lb poly foam 7.5" 2.5lb poly foam

The Pure Cool Luxe has the “phase change” foam (if I have this spelled correctly?) while the Cirrus Luxe has the Soy and Gel memory foam.

I certainly appreciate any thoughts you can share on how these 2 might feel different if there is any way you can tell by the spec’s alone?

Thank you,
Ruthie

Hi Ruthie,

You can read a little more about the different ways that one mattress can closely approximate another in post #9 here.

I have never slept on either of them so I’m not familiar with how they would feel or compare for me and of course I don’t know how they would feel or compare for someone else either (other than they are both close equivalents to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe). Both are great quality and value and compete well with the best in the industry.

When you are choosing between two great options and there is no clear winner and no “mistakes” in terms of quality and value then the best suggestion I can offer about how to make final choices is in post #2 here.

Phoenix